Trafigura Geneva Switzerland
2 months ago
Main Purpose:We are recruiting an experienced data scientist to develop and manage our front office cross-commodity shipping analytics. The candidate will work closely with our traders, research analysts, commercial operators and data engineers to improve our market intelligence on commodity flows and related commercial logistics.Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Consistent track record of excellence developing shipping analytics in commodity trading, shipping, or related industries.
- Masters or PhD in mathematics / physics / engineering / computer science or related field.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning methods and computational statistics (Data Science).
- Strong Python and SQL coding skills with good understanding of software engineering practices.
The following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities would be beneficial for this role:
- AWS data and analytics stack.
- Data visualisation with tools such as Tableau.
- Web application development.
... Optimisation / operations research / classical AI methods related to planning.
- Graph analytics.
- Probabilistic graphical models.
- Simulation and agent based modeling.
Development and maintenance of advanced analytics methods and applications for shipping related commodity market intelligence
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Report to Chief Data Scientist.
Work closely with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Platform Engineers in the Data Science and Engineering Team.
The Data Science and Engineering team researches, develops and provides sophisticated analytics and data services to the trading business and other commercial operations at Trafigura. It is comprised of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Quantitative Finance experts. It is a commercially driven, front office aligned team, that works in close partnership with the trading desks, global research and enterprise technology
Lead Data Scientist Geneva jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.