SOPHiA GENETICS Bordeaux France
2 months ago
Would you like to join a dynamic and exciting health-tech company that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing solution that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team in Pessac (near Bordeaux, France) and use your exceptional abilities and knowledge skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist / Senior Biostatistician in Pessac (near Bordeaux, France)!
SOPHiA GENETICS introduced the SOPHiA DDM platform height years ago. Today, the solution not only enables to integrate and visualize multiple data modalities, such as clinical, biological, genomics or medical-image data, but also to process relevant multimodal features and obtain multimodal insights using statistical learning. It may help clinicians understand the etiology of a disease, personalize a patient’s follow-up, or optimize therapeutic... decision-making. It may also drive the discovery of clinical biomarkers or improve clinical trial performance by estimating heterogeneous treatment effects. As the product, the amount of data collected, the number of customers and the multiplicity of projects are continuously increasing, we face new challenges. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of young and dynamic people.
Within the Biostatistics team of the Data Science/Multimodal Research department, you will help solve the problems faced by clinicians in innovative and effective ways. You will carry out explanatory and predictive statistical studies using multimodal and longitudinal data. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language to make them understandable to a non-specialized public. You will also participate in the deployment of the machine learning models into production.
You are motivated and enthusiastic, with the right combination of analytical, research, technical and communication skills. You are a team player and can work autonomously on both short and long-term projects.
Responsabilities :• Carry out statistical studies to explain/predict clinical outcomes using multimodal data in patients treated for cancer
• Present your statistical results to a specialist or non-specialist audience (e.g., clinicians, data science team or IT team)
• Participate in the team’s research activities to both improve our findings and suggest new areas for development
• Work closely with medical and IT team to translate models and algorithms into engineered production applications
• Engineer / Master 2 / PhD in Machine Learning, Biostatistics or Applied Statistics
• At least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist
• A solid background in the development of machine learning and statistical algorithms for solving important large and complex problems
• Strong programming skills in Python (R is a plus)
• The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research
• proficiency in English. French is a nice-to-have.
• Experience/Interest in the healthcare industry, especially in oncology, would be an asset
You will be joining an organization with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth.
Business recognition and accolades include:
• World's most innovative companies (Top 10)
• World's smartest companies (Top 50)
• 100 Best Places to Work in Boston
• Top 10 European Tech Startup - 2020
• Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch - 2021
• Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch - 2021
Plus, you will find :
• Flexible, friendly and international working environment
• An exciting journey to facilitate patients' access to better treatment worldwide
• A stimulating technical environment
• Continuous learning and trainings
• A competitive salary (35h + 4 additional weekly hours contract)
• Vacation bonus in June
• Onboarding program and Welcome kit for new joiners
• Health Insurance
• Meal vouchers card
• New amazing office space in Bidart, near Biarritz located between the mountains and the ocean – 20 minutes from Spain border
Location: Pessac, FR (Bordeaux area). Office-based, including 2 days per week remote / 3 days on-site.
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: Permanent (CDI), full-time
Application processIf you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews
Senior Data Scientist (Senior Biostatistician) Bordeaux jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.