United Nations Development Programme
United Nations Development Programme Bogotá Bogota Colombia
2 months ago
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) aims to help ensure that emergency response saves lives and protects people in crisis. OCHA also seeks to enhance the connectivity and coherence between humanitarian and development work, based on the comparative advantage of diverse actors and in support of national and local capacity, towards collective outcomes that reduce risks, needs and vulnerability. OCHA Colombia works to ensure that evidence-based and... collective situational awareness informs decisions on humanitarian action, seeking to ensure that streamlined data and analysis is provided to inform a rapid, effective, and principled response. OCHA Colombia works to facilitate sufficient, timely, substantial, predictable, and flexible financing that meets the needs of the most vulnerable people. In accordance with its mandate, OCHA undertakes advocacy on behalf of the most vulnerable people to ensure effective and principled humanitarian action. This advocacy contributes to action that also enhances the protection of affected people.
This position is located in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Bogota, Colombia. The Data Analyst Assistant works in OCHA Colombia’s Information Management Unit, and reports to the Information Management Associate. The Data Analyst Assistant works closely with the other units of OCHA Colombia and its sub-offices, and liaises regularly with counterparts of relevant national institutions, UN agencies, funds and programmes, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and donors, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertakes consolidation, aggregation, validation, analysis, dissemination and use of data trend analysis.
• Uses data analysis tools to facilitate the interpretation of humanitarian data and support humanitarian decision-making, using appropriate statistical models.
• Ensures the quality and usefulness of inter-agency data collected, including monitoring data from the clusters.
• Supports sub-offices in data analysis, contributes to the gathering and processing of information on humanitarian trends, needs and gaps in emergencies.
• Supports in the elaboration of Humanitarian Needs Overviews and Humanitarian Response Plans, through the provision of data analysis and trends.
• Develop ad hoc analysis on demand for OCHA Colombia and partners.
• Within the area of technical specializations, supports the development and management of community information products, such as databases, common operation datasets (CODs), coordinated assessment products, and inter-cluster analysis.
• Understands, documents, and ensures the quality of high-value humanitarian data for accuracy, consistency and comparability within Colombia, where applicable.
• Helps organize and participates in the Information Management Working Group and liaises regularly with technical counterparts of relevant national institutions, UN agencies, funds and programmes, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), among others.
• Contributes to OCHA-managed information products, such as humanitarian dashboards, humanitarian snapshots, humanitarian secondary data reviews and internal reports.
• Supports the establishment and maintenance of proper information flows between OCHA national and field levels on analysis and reporting.
• Perform any other tasks, as required.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Demonstrate Empathy and Emotional Intelligence
• Genuinely care about people; demonstrate empathy with joys and pains of others
• Enable the wellbeing of the team(s)
• Read a group’s emotional currents and power relationships, identifying influencers, networks, and organizational dynamics; adapt leadership styles at the appropriate times
• See the positive in people, situations, and events
Motivate and Direct
• Create and communicate a compelling vision and purpose
• Align people and resources with organizational vision, strategy, objectives Understand and proactively builds the
• team/organization culture
Required Skills and Experience
• Secondary Education is required.
• University degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, or Mathematics is desirable, but it is not a requirement
• Five (5) years of relevant work experience in data analysis, database development and management, for candidates with Secondary Education.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience in data analysis, database development and management, for candidates with a University Degree.
• Experience working with an international organization, or national organization, and familiarity with the UN system is desirable.
• Experience using data analysis tools is desirable.
• Fluency in Spanish is required and working knowledge English is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
Bogotá Bogota Colombia
Jobs in Bogotá Bogota Colombia
Data Analyst Assistant -FTA GS5 - UNOCHA Bogotá jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.