Ramboll Birmingham United Kingdom
2 months ago
At Ramboll we provide schemes that change lives for the better based on our expertise, insight, and experience. Do you want to add your passion for Ground Engineering to this team? We are looking for people who want to add their geotechnical design and professional expertise to join our growing Ground Engineering Department based in Birmingham.
Ramboll operates a hybrid and flexible working policy. This means you can manage your personal and professional time more closely, as well as spend some time during the week working from home.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive... impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ground Engineering Department
As our new Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be part of an exciting and dynamic team in Birmingham.
The UK Ground Engineering team has a wide range of exciting and challenging UK and international projects that will support your development. You will enjoy a truly varied experience ranging from the design of complex urban structures, to rail projects, major infrastructure and highways schemes, major crossings, renewables, and complex soil/structure numerical modelling.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• You will take responsibility and manage the delivery of geotechnical services to a range of multi-disciplinary teams within the Buildings, Transport, Environment and Energy divisions across the Organisation
• Engage with clients and project managers externally in the project environment, and facilitate project deliverables within internal and external design teams
• Look to innovate and develop design systems alongside teams of all disciplines nationally and internationally across the Ramboll Group
• Help to deliver Ramboll's net zero carbon design principles in collaboration with our clients to produce sustainable schemes that enhance communities
• Undertake and manage complex geotechnical aspects of multi-disciplinary projects design using industry standard software at a leading level. Possessing a working knowledge and developing experience of geotechnical software is essential
• Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
• Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
• Proven experience in geotechnical design, analysis, reporting, and numerical modelling on projects in Buildings, Transport, Environment and Energy sectors
• BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
• A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines
• Capable of working independently and leading design activities
• Chartered Civil Engineer MICE CEng or Engineering Geologist CGeol, or having made significant progress to becoming chartered
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Jobs in Birmingham United Kingdom
Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Ground Engineering Team Birmingham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.