WFP Tanzania Tanzania
2 months ago
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A... post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaus (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are responsible for technical work including the planning, implementation and co-ordination of activities that require thorough understanding of programme/project context, issues and ability to apply a range of guidelines/practices. They independently handle a wide range of specialized programme or policy support activities and may be involved in analytical work. Work performed typically has a substantial impact affecting other parts of the programme. Job holders demonstrate initiative in the identification and resolution of a wide range of issues/problems, and effectively handle unforeseen situations. They may act as technical focal points in the area of vulnerability assessment and analysis. Job holders set objectives, resolve wide-ranging issues and unforeseen problems, supervise and coach a team of support staff within an area of responsibility.
To provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
• Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g., assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
• Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
• Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance, and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Provide technical expertise in nutrition activities implementation and bring technical expertise to school meals initiative at District and Regional level.
• Establish and maintain solid collaboration with WFP targeted LGAs during planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of nutrition and school feeding activities.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• At least 7 years’ experience in similar work
• Has participated in implementing technical programs (i.e., nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes with increased level of responsibility.
• Has provided input to policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 04 April 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action
Senior Programme Associate Tanzania jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.