UNICEF Ghana Accra Ghana
2 months ago
Over successive programme cycles, UNICEF Ghana has supported multisectoral second decade programmes, advancing the wellbeing and rights of adolescents, especially girls. UNICEF Ghana has also invested significant programme and institutional efforts to advance the implementation of the UNICEF Gender Policy 2021-2030 and Gender Action Plan 2022-2025 (GAP) and engage stakeholders in the rollout of the global Generation Unlimited partnership in the country.
The cross-sectoral work in the areas of adolescents, gender and youth (AGY) is coordinated by a team housed in the Deputy Representative’s Office which supports several functions: 1) programme effectiveness and cross-sectoral coordination in the advancement of AGY results, especially through the cross-sectoral programmes focusing on adolescent girls, and an Adolescent, Gender, and Youth Cluster (AGYC) of focal points, 2) technical support and generating knowledge and evidence on AGY issues, and 3) partnership mobilization, including... through the Generation Unlimited (GenU) initiative.
How can you make a difference?
The Individual Contractor will be working within the Adolescents Gender and Youth (AGY) team, supporting documentation, knowledge management, and quality assurance processes.
More specifically, the contractor will work on the following tasks:
• Provide quality assurance support in the planning and implementation of Ghana County Office (CO) research, analysis and programmes focused on AGY
• Support the external dissemination of Ghana CO AGY evidence through the preparation of thematic briefs in priority areas and other materials
• Support the documentation of UNICEF AGY programme results and best practices in the form of case-studies, reports or audio-visual products
• Maintain a repository of AGY related internal documents (update collaboration site), research, and key stakeholders (government, DPs, private sector, civil society, academia)
• Support the tracking and documentation of the AGY results in programme partnerships and the UNICEF Ghana Country Programme
• Provide Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) technical support to implementing partners as required
• Liaise with the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) team for the identification and/or design of innovative tools to track AGY integrated or standalone results
• Liaise with the External Communications team for the amplification of AGY advocacy messages, donor visibility and dissemination of information related to AGY programmes as required
• Document the AGY Cluster and AGY Team meetings and support the follow up of agreed actions
• Monitor the AGY policy implementation in Ghana and provide regular updates on key developments
• Facilitate internal AGYC communications including the distribution of relevant knowledge and programme information to focal points
• Provide event management and coordination support to the AGY team
• Perform other related and administrative activities as they may arise or as agreed in the workplan for the AGY team
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Minimum of university bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, or international development.
• At least 2 years professional experience in working in research and programme activities focused on development issues, along with experience with internal-facing coordination.
• Solid knowledge of gender equality issues and issues affecting adolescents and young people in Ghana
• Prior experience working on programmes related to gender, children, adolescents and/or young people
• Solid programme management skills relating to the development and management of knowledge products and documentation of results
• Advanced analytical and research skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Prior experience working with UNICEF or UN agency programme will be considered an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 06 December, 2022
National Individual Contractor- Adolescents, Gender, and Youth (AGY) Accra jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.