Diageo Ghana Ghana
2 months ago
Job Title: Supply Chain Programme & Agriculture Development Planning Manager
Reports To:Supply Chain Director, Guinness Ghana Breweries Plc (GGBPLC)
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Guinness, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Malta Guinness and Alvaro.
Africa represents Diageo’s largest group of emerging markets in terms of net sales and employs over 5,300 people (one in four of Diageo’s total workforce worldwide) in its businesses in Africa and many more indirectly through the production, distribution and promotion of its brands. Today, while Guinness remains at the heart of our business, being brewed in over 20 countries and exported to many others, our range of brands and geographic reach has expanded and our supply presence has grown to support it.
Guinness Ghana Breweries Plc (GGBPLC) is... the leading total beverage business in Ghana and the only one listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), holding circa 60% market value share of the drinks market. It operates from two sites in five drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Mainstream Spirits and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Diageo has exciting growth plans for the future and Supply Chain & Procurement will be the driving force behind their delivery – 2 out of 3 Diageo employees work in Supply Chain & Procurement.
The Diageo business will continue to evolve to meet the future needs of its customers and consumers, enabled by investments in essential digital assets, continuing to grow trust and reputation in the societies where it operates, as well as leading through inclusive and diverse teams.
Diageo Supply Chain & Procurement will build new muscle and effectiveness through investing more time, partnering across the value chain with Brand Teams, Commercial Teams and Suppliers.
Guinness Ghana today imports circa 55% of its raw and packaging material requirements such as malted barley, crowns, aluminium cans and flavours for the manufacture of all its brands. However, Guinness Ghana has increasingly encouraged local sourcing of materials over the last two decades in an effort to power progress and leave a positive impact on the communities in which it operates, lives and sells. In this context, Guinness Ghana will progressively use more locally sourced raw and packaging materials in the manufacture of some its brands.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
• Applied expertise. Build, manage and grow expertise in one or more spend categories, including understanding of supply markets, suppliers, stakeholders. Become a subject-matter expert and share with others in a global community of category professionals. Apply expertise and standards to identify and win new value for Diageo.
• Knowledge management. Drive development of best-in-class market data and knowledge and ensure its availability and active management/ refresh. Apply Diageo standards for category excellence. Contribute to improvement of existing and development of new tools & techniques.
• Business partnering. Support category managers and specialists in developing relationships with stakeholders, partners and suppliers for deeper insights into needs and capabilities; articulate requirements and deliver insights for greater value from stakeholder collaboration.
• Strategy development. For one or more spend categories, support development and evolution of category strategies by (1) researching and analyzing supply markets and dynamics and providing insights to specialists and managers; and (2) assessing opportunities and proposing solutions.
• Best-in-class capabilities. Generate insights from internal and external benchmarking, develop cost models to consider scenarios with suppliers and stakeholders and build & evolve analytics capabilities that allow regular review and improvement of strategies.
• Strategy execution. Support end to end execution of category strategies across geographical and organizational boundaries. Track and monitor progress against performance goals, providing detailed, monthly KPI data (including reconciliation to category team tracking projects, savings, supplier performance, etc.).
• Support to Global CoEs. Support Global CoEs with strategy development, including for CM4 (global agreements), CM3 (above-region leverage) and CM2 (above-market leverage) by providing relevant Market-wide and local market data, analysis, and insights.
• Market sourcing. Support sourcing activities for CM2 (above-market leverage) and CM1 (truly market-specific) spend categories. Engage community members as required, apply Diageo best practice standards.
• Market contracting. For relevant sourcing projects, support management of contracts and contract compliance (Diageo stakeholder compliance and Supplier compliance) through contract lifecycles. Track and monitor compliance in line with Diageo and local market standards.
• Mitigate strategic risks. As part of category strategy execution, identify, record and follow-up risk mitigations in line with category strategies and best practice.
• Mitigate sourcing risks. Identify corporate, supply, supplier and other risks associated with sourcing activities, support execution of mitigations and engagement of relevant stakeholders, partners, and suppliers to ensure the mitigations are successful.
• Apply and improve tools & techniques. Apply Diageo best practice standards, ensuring the most recent and relevant approaches are always applied; use formal governance and peer review to ensure the quality and efficacy of risk management; contribute to development of standards.
Supplier relationship management
• Supplier relationship. Apply standards, ways of working and trust relationships with market suppliers in relevant categories; ensure Diageo best practices are applied and that there is a good foundation for strong performance, risk mitigation and rapid resolution of issues.
• Supplier performance. Support definition and drive monitoring of KPIs, improving the value of data generated and applied and liaise with Supply sites for resolution of escalated issues. Provide data analysis and input to the SPM to manage the relationship with suppliers to the performance plan and maximize value for Diageo.
• Data management. Maintain all relevant data on systems and offline databases, e.g., vendor details, price lists, standard costing, invoice query support.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Food or Cereal Science, with proven relevant 5+ years post-qualification experience; experience in development of agricultural value chains within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment will be a plus
Combination of functional expertise, intellectual insights, programme and change management experience
Minimum 15 years in supply chain or manufacturing experience essential in a senior role (preferably with Brewery management background)
Outstanding leadership capability – able to engage others around the business agenda, in strong and authentic business partnerships
Leading edge understanding and thought leadership regarding the supply chain and manufacturing development – preferably within the Beer industry.
Strong project management support to ensure that maximum benefit is delivered on time and in full, performance clarified, and blockers identified
Breakthrough performance coaching where relevant and ongoing capability development to the Supply cost management team.
Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound financial-fundamentals awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities.
Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prepare clear and professional presentations or reports for utilization at senior levels within Guinness, Diageo and our supply base.
Able to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple relationships in a matrix environment, with an ability to take criticism and learn from feedback.
Strong lT skills base, including mastery in Excel and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion.
Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community.
Flexible Working options
The role will be based in Achimota with frequent national travel and potential requirements for regional-hub and international travel.
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date
Agriculture Development Planning Manager Ghana jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.