Boats Group Barcelona Spain
2 months ago
Senior Software Developer - REMOTE (Spain)
This is a Full Time position.
About Our Crew
Boats Group is the fastest-growing digital business in the recreational boating space. We are a talented team of techies, creatives, marketers, closers and customer advocates who spend each day pushing the boundaries of technology to make buying and selling boats easy. We spend each day surrounded by 500,000 boats from across the globe.
Our passion and unyielding dedication to getting people on the water influence our culture in ways you won’t find at other companies. We’re the best at what we do because we’re working in an industry we love. When you walk through our doors, you’ll find smart, dedicated people who consider one another family.
If you want to work in an inclusive, innovative environment where we encourage employees to collaborate, leverage their talents and actively shape the future of the company, then you will enjoy working here!
About The Role
As a Software Developer... you will develop software based solutions to achieve the objectives of Boats Group. You will analyze requirements and determine the best solutions, calling on your extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of the domain. You will build a deep understanding of the strategic and tactical goals for Boats Group.
Everyday is something new and complex, you won’t be bored!
This role is 100% remote but if you happen to be in a commuting distance to our Barcelona office, you could work (at your convenience) from our office.
What You’ll Do
• Understand the short and long term direction of Boats Group
• Contribute to and communicate the group architectural vision and ensure projects consistently adhere to its principals
• Analyze specific and implied requirements and collaborate with other members of the development team to design, build and deliver features to meet those requirements
• Understand software design patterns, practices and architectural styles and how and when to apply them
• Contribute to the continued development and maintenance of several high-traffic, high availability web sites, including working with legacy systems
• Communicate effectively with other employees both inside and outside the development team
• Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications
• Periodically apply your analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve critical production outages and issues
• Work closely with other developers within the organization to ensure consistency and the technical success of our software projects
• Stay current on software development trends and advise on which ones, if any, Boats Group should adopt
• Identify and define the coding, project and other technical standards used by all software projects at Boats Group
What You Should Have
• B.Sc. in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience developing and maintaining complex enterprise web applications in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• An understanding of web services (RESTful and RPC based), JSON payloads with stateless restful polyglot services
• Experience with version control systems (Git)
• An understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and unit testing
• Experience developing with some of the following:
• Node.js and the hapi.js framework
• Experience developing API and UI
• Knowledge of database technologies both relational and NoSQL
• An understanding of agile software development processes
• Candidate must be an EU citizen or have the right to work in the EU without any visa restrictions now or in the future
You’ll be joining a close-knit and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. We offer competitive compensation + benefits that are on par with large companies, while also placing a high value on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
• Hybrid working flexibility
• New laptop + large second monitor + other office accessories
• All National holidays
• End of year Holiday leave
• Birthday holiday (You never have to work on your birthday!)
• Medical insurance offered
• Meal and Travel voucher program
• 32 hours of volunteer time paid per year - We are big into volunteering and helping out the community here at Boats Group!
• Professional reimbursement program for employees to take courses, attend seminars, etc. Things to enrich you as a professional
Sr. Software Developer Barcelona jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.