NSW Department of Communities and Justice
NSW Department of Communities and Justice Liverpool NSW Australia
2 months ago
Solicitor I-III Estate Planning – NSW Trustee & Guardian
• Part-time (2 days a week), 6-month temporary role with possible extension
• Location: Work from any NSWTG branch location, with flexible working options negotiable.
• Legal Grade I-III. Base Salary $71,202 pa to $120,693 (pro rata), plus super and annual leave loading.
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote, and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers’ lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
About The Team
The Estate Planning & Administration division is responsible for delivering NSW Trustee & Guardian’s commercial services in Will making, as trustee, attorney, and as administrator/executor of deceased estates. The teams administer assets in accordance... with the functions and obligations under the relevant legislation and make legal decisions within legal frameworks and NSWTG’s prescribed delegations. The division delivers high quality service using a customer-centred approach and is delivered by:
• Estate Administration
• Trust and Powers of Attorney administration
• Intestate, Life Estates and Crime Confiscation/Civil Forfeiture administration
• Wills and Estate Planning
About The Role
The role is responsible for drafting complex Wills and Estate Planning instruments and providing advice to NSW Trustee & Guardian customers regarding complex estate planning issues. You will be required to interpret, analyse and advise in relation to a range of legal documents relevant to the customer’s estate planning needs. The role proactively contributes to team performance and the delivery of professional, high quality and timely Wills and Estate Planning services which increases market share and supports the delivery of professional Estate Planning services across NSW in a financially sustainable way.
For more information about the position, view the role description .
• You have experience in delivering professional, high-quality Wills and Estate Planning services to customers that are consistent with NSW Trustee & Guardian’s Customer Excellence Principles.
• You can interpret and prepare complex legal documents such as Wills, Powers of Attorney, Enduring Guardianship Appointments, trusts, reports, submissions, briefing notes, deeds, and contracts.
• You have the knowledge to provide efficient and effective legal services and advice to customers directly in accordance with case law, legislation, policy, guidelines, and practice standards and provide guidance and support to staff to ensure delivery of quality professional planning ahead services.
Our Commitment To Diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Legal Qualifications and must be admitted to practice with current NSW practising certificate.
• Ideally you will have at least 2 years post admission experience and you must have experience in estate planning (experience in estate administration and estate litigation will be an advantage).
• Willingness to contribute to and participate in having phone calls and team email accounts monitored for quality assurance initiatives and projects.
• Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
• Current driver licence and ability to travel across NSW as required.
• Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
What We Offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
• Work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
• leave options including 14 weeks' parental or adoption leave
• career development
• Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How To Apply
• Complete the online application
• Submit a resume (max 5 pages)
• Attach a cover letter (maximum 2 pages)
• Provide a written response to the two targeted questions below (max 2 pages):
• Describe an ethical dilemma you have been faced with in your work as a solicitor. How did you approach the issue and what was the outcome?
• Identify a recent challenging issue you have dealt with in an estate planning matter. For example, you may have had a difficult will to draft, or the circumstances and asset structures presented challenges. What aspects of the issue made it challenging? How did you deal with those aspects?
Read writing your job application for tips on how to write your application.
Applications close 11:59pm on Sunday, 2 April 2023
For enquiries about the role and working with NSW Trustee & Guardian, please contact the Workforce Support Team by email: [email protected] .
For enquiries about the recruitment process, please contact Maria Macaraniag, Manager Talent by email: [email protected] .
• If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please let us know.
• Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
• A talent pool may be created for future ongoing, temporary, and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
• All candidates applying for this role must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, have an up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and be able to provide acceptable proof. Further information about vaccination requirements will be provided to successful candidates and is also available via email request to [email protected]
Liverpool NSW Australia
Jobs in Liverpool NSW Australia
Solicitor I-III (Estate Planning) Liverpool NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.