Hatch Talent Solutions
Hatch Talent Solutions Harare Zimbabwe
2 months ago
Our client, a significant player in the Accounting/Banking/Finance sector, is looking to hire a finance manager with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Finance managers are expected to be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, and an investigative nature.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the accounting, budget management and internal financial reporting processes run smoothly and efficiently in accordance with agreed timetables and quality standards so that the accounting data and reports are accurate and complete. Accountable for the ongoing implementation of the financial strategic direction for company and ensuring alignment with the expectations of stakeholders and the financial goals of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Guide the finance team on all aspects of financial accounting and review the monthly closing to ensure all entries are coded and recorded accurately on a timely basis and that... balance sheet accounts are analysed, reconciled and adjusted on a monthly basis.
• Oversees financial operations to ensure a wide range of accounting policies and practices are being adhered to and deployed to effectively and efficiently manage company assets and operations
• Ensure timely and accurate generation of monthly financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct financial analysis, monitor financial performances to ensure financials stay within budget and/or forecast
• Regularly reports business progress vs. financial metrics and updates the Management Team and Board on key initiatives specific the company.
• Ensures complete cooperation with all government regulators,and agencies that periodically assess company operations and ensure full compliance.
• Preparation of company budgets and forecasts in consultation with heads of departments and participate in the implementation of the company’s strategic objective.
• Advise management on all financial matters, working capital management, cost management, etc.
• Supervise the preparation and submission of monthly management accounts, preparation of quarterly accounts etc
• Supervise the management of company’s payroll
• Organizing and managing Equals Financial Audits according to approved audit plans include overseeing the process of audits and making recommendations on policies
• Support Board/Board committee activities as the Board Secretariat. This includes arranging meeting dates and times, collating meeting documents, and providing logistic support at the meetings, writing meeting minutes, board resolutions, circulation for approvals.
• Prepare letter of appointments for Board Members and on-boarding process for new Board Members.
• Collate and prepare Executive Reports on quarterly basis for Board/Board Sub-Committees Meetings.
• Work with Equals Company Secretariate and render secretarial services to the Board of Directors and also compliance to all requirements under the Companies Act.
• 5 years working experience in the banking/microfinance/fintech sectors in a managerial role is an added advantage
• Accounting degree or related field
• Post graduate Accounting Certification
• Masters degree is an added advantage
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.