Caterpillar Peterborough United Kingdom
2 months ago
Engineering Job Description:
Job Title: Engineering Senior Data Analyst
Salary: £51,000 - £58,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location : Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution.
Optional flexible benefits including access to health and dental care plans, EV car lease, holiday purchase.
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Domestic relocation support considered / we are unable to provide support with VISA/Sponsorship
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar?
With 2022 sales and revenues of $59.4 billion Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services... offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
What experiences can we offer you?
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work. That’s the Power of Everyone.
Engineering Senior Data Analyst
The Engineering Data Systems (EDS) team, within the Systems Engineering department of IPSD-M (Industrial Power Systems Division – Medium Engines) have a vacancy for an Engineering Senior Data Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to grow unique skills in a rapidly developing team and specialism.
The successful candidate will receive training and support to grow the desired tools & skills below. We are seeking mechanical engineers with an affinity to data analytics or data analysts with an affinity for mechanical engineering.
• Demonstrated depth of experience of complex data analysis (any platform)
• Demonstrated depth of experience of collaborative code development (any code), Python preferred
• Demonstrated successful technical project delivery
• Demonstrated experience of work within an engineering, STEM or data analytics field
• A Mechanical Engineer that is passionately data driven, or
• A data scientist/analyst that is passionate about mechanical engineering or mechatronics, or
• A mathematician, physicist or software engineer that is passionate about data or mechanical engineering or mechatronics
The EDS team was created in 2018 from specialist personnel from the mechanical & performance systems teams. The purpose of the team is to develop and deploy engineering analytics tools, techniques and processes to two key customers. The first customer is the development engineering teams, enabling them to extract the maximum knowledge from test, and field data. The second customer is Service and Aftermarket teams to deliver digital services to end-users to enhance the performance, life or ease of maintenance of Caterpillar products.
The EDS team combines a unique blend of ‘big data’ data analytics with specialist engineering skill sets and are challenged to support the Systems Team Vision to be ready for future power system solution development and Services growth.
The applicant will:
• access, and navigate, around data systems to utilise data to resolve product engineering & business problems with a high degree of autonomy
• be a technical leader in a multidisciplinary and cross-continental team to deliver analytics projects with the support of the team lead
• Support the coaching and development of junior members of the team
• Apply research and investigation of an evolving field to find efficient and innovative solutions to adopt
• apply a multidisciplinary approach to deliver complex engineering data analysis and the development of business intelligence via using easy to consumable visualisations
• communicate complex analytical solutions and workflows to peers and stakeholders in regular reviews
• document work and develop team processes to aid repeatability of analytics and democratisation of analytics
• apply efficient and robust data science techniques on large engineering datasets (inc. timeseries data), deriving hidden insights, knowledge, and value
• strongly influence future data infrastructure and technologies that the department adopts, helping to drive a data driven decision making culture
• deploy frequently used analytics to engineering teams through web apps, dashboards and other democratisation paths
Desirable Tools and skills to equip you for success in the role will include working knowledge of one or more of the following.
• Scripting in Python including science, web application and SQL libraries – e.g. Jupyter notebooks, Voila, Dash, Flask
• Neural networks and other machine learning algorithms – e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, pytorch, Maxflow, KNIME
• Database utilisation - e.g. mySQL, Snowflake, Oracle, SQLite
• Iterative and collaborative code development experience and version control - DevOps, Agile framework or Git
• Data manipulation experience – using Alteryx, Excel, Power Automate or other data tools
• Data visualisation & analysis - Tableau, DIAdem, Seeq, PowerBI, Mini-tab, Concerto or other
• Statistical analysis
• Leadership and delivery of successful data science projects
• Deployment of code in cloud computing environments e.g. AWS, Azure
• Experience in or knowledge of IC engine technology, engine control systems or engine performance development
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting. #LI-hybrid
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here
Jobs in Peterborough United Kingdom
Engineering Senior Data Analyst Peterborough jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.