Freedom Leisure Ringwood United Kingdom
2 months ago
At Freedom Leisure we can offer a friendly working environment that brings lots of variety every day.
If you like talking to people, this is definitely the role for you. We understand that engaging with customers and colleagues is not as easy as it sounds and sometimes comes with experience. We will provide all the training needed to be a successful Lifeguard but we also believe that employing people from a mix of employment backgrounds can offer a wider benefit to our team, some of which might be in their first ever job and need more support from their colleagues.
In the role of Lifeguard, you will ensure the best levels of service are achieved for our customers through offering a friendly, clean and safe facilities.
We’re not looking for the next Duncan Goodhew but you will need to be able to swim competently. If you need extra coaching to get to the level needed to become a lifeguard, don’t worry as one of our excellent swim teachers will be able to support you to improve.
If... you want to progress further, we will support this through additional training, both formal and on the job will be key. However, we also appreciate that not everyone wants to ‘move up the ladder’ and that’s absolutely fine with us. What is really important is that you are happy in your work.
At Freedom Leisure we welcome our diverse local community to our centres every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Freedom Leisure, You Matter!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. We aim to be the employer of choice within our industry and we strive for this every day.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Hours: up to 7.5 hours a week - Monday to Sunday (Rota basis)
• NPLQ qualification or equivalent
• Competent swimmer – swim test will need to be completed as part of the interview process.
• An ability and understanding of how to relate to customers of all ages and abilities and also to all levels of staff.
• Well developed interpersonal skills.
• Team orientated approach, able to work across organisation boundaries and demonstrate interest and be supportive of the work of staff and colleagues.
• To be able to work flexibly and understand instructions from managers.
• Demonstrated passion and energy for the leisure industry.
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That's why we've developed a benefits package with you in mind, so what can we offer you?
• My Staff Shop, our very own staff benefit scheme, gives employees access to a great range of benefits. Get discounts on cinema tickets, travel bookings, high street e-vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
• Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
• Incremental holidays
• Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential, independent and professional counselling.
• Company pension
• Various insurance and saving schemes
• Financial advice
• Cycle-to-work and Car Leasing tax-efficient schemes (salaried staff only, depending on earnings)
• All this as well as fully funded training and career progression opportunities in a team working environment
Closing date: 31st March 2023
Salary: up to £10.42 per hour
Jobs in Ringwood United Kingdom
Lifeguard - Part Time - Ringwood Health and Leisure Centre jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.