KCB Bank Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda Kampala Uganda
2 months ago
Job Title: IT Applications Administrator (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa's largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda's top ten commercial banks.
Job Summary: The IT Applications Administrator will support, maintain and automate systems administration tasks and author policies and procedures that support maximum uptime operation of all system applications and among others ensure proper Disaster Recovery, planning, research and development. This... includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the system environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Service desk operation support across all applications
• User setup and user management for all applications
• Applications support and Project Implementations
• Responsible for IT BCM through coordination of ITDR exercises for critical applications in line with the bank policies and tracking the closure of issues logged during the tests.
• Ensure effective technical BAU support for core Business applications
• Provide requisite technical advisory & support for deployment and management of the corporate business systems
• Ensure security of business data within systems
• Provide expert application support to core Business applications
• Participate in delivery of core applications training
• Work closely with Application Vendors to ensure that the applications developed by Vendors comply with KCB Uganda’s IT policies and architectural standards. In addition, manage supplier performance to ensure compliance with service level agreements.
• Validating related costs in the respective BAU environment.
• Provide service desk support as a level 1 support engineer
• Work with all IT Technical teams to perform daily system monitoring
• Technically support and maintain all Bank’s Business Applications.
• Monitor daily backup operations for all business applications
• Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
• Logging, categorizing, prioritizing & assigning support for all IT incidents and service requests.
• Ensuring systems stability during IT Services Transition.
• Owns Technology release management into Production.
• Ensure Governance for stability of Production IT environment.
• Coordinating IT Project change implementation into the production environment in accordance with the bank’s policies and standards.
• Enforcing UATs and conducting Post Implementation Reviews for key projects
• IT Systems Availability management and monitoring
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other numerical biased field from a reputable university or college
• Professional Qualifications: Certifications in CCNA, ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, PMP, PRINCE2
• Master’s Degree
• Any computer related, Project Management
IT Applications Administrator Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.