Howden Insurance Brokers Limited
Howden Insurance Brokers Limited London United Kingdom
2 months ago
The primary role of a Data Analyst assisting our Financial Lines Broking business is to support our customer focused business through comprehensive requirements analysis; creation of digital tools; detailed and accurate preparation of varying data; identification, analysis and interpretation of patterns in complex datasets and creation of compelling, creative and informative visualisation that supports decision-making for our clients and partners.
Working closely alongside our Colleagues within the Financial Lines Broking business, the Data Analyst plays a critical role in our evolving eco-system.
The ideal candidate will have a statistical, mathematical or data science-related background, a driven individual looking for the next step in their career, wanting to build on their foundational experience in data analytics to become a true practitioner. They will be confident in working with a variety of data sources as well as being able to adapt for technical and... non-technical audiences.
As a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced company this role will suit someone who is looking to make an impact, and develop and shape a data analytics proposition. This is a great opportunity to build a diverse set of skills in an environment at the cutting-edge of our industry, with exposure to different business areas, data tools, senior management, and clients.
Data Analysts are required to possess a range of finely-tuned data skills (data querying, data manipulation, data verification and visualisation), superb attention to detail as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are committed to nurturing talent; to this end success in this role could lead to a transition into a range of other technical data or consulting-focussed roles.
Required Competencies & Experience
• Educated to degree level or above in a field including mathematical or statistical content or equivalent professional experience
• Previous success in a data-driven role with proven ability in using Excel and/or business intelligence to at least an intermediate level
• Proficiency in a standard data visualisation tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) with demonstrable knowledge of data visualisation and design
• Solid foundational understanding of:
• Relational databases
• Data quality dimensions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills and a demonstrable ability to plan & work on multiple projects with differing timescales
• Able to articulate complex ideas, debate them and agree them as part of a team
Desired Competencies & Experience
• Experience of the following would be highly advantageous:
• R or Python
• Data Bricks; Spar SQL or Python
• Microsoft BI Stack; SSRS, TSQL, SSIS, Power BI, Tabular
• Power Query (M)
• Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
• Analytically minded with ability to think critically and adapt one's own approach
• Passionate for delivering work at a high standard, with a demonstrable attention to detail
• Honest and supportive relationship building to develop trust with stakeholders
• Dedicated and diligent with a proven track record of taking ownership of work
• A strong desire to progress and proactive approach to learning
• Highly resourceful
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.