Manor Independent School District
Manor Independent School District Manor TX United States
2 months ago
Supervise a dynamic and functional library media center and program based on the Texas School Library Standards that is actively involved in the instructional program of the school; provide instruction, assistance, and leadership so that patrons effectively retrieve, evaluate, and utilize information as well as develop a love of reading and lifelong... learning.
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from accredited college or university
• Valid Texas librarian or learning resources specialist certificate or endorsement
• Minimum two years classroom teaching experience in public and/or approved private education
• Utilize a variety of library and cataloging software
• Proficient in working with media/computer technologies
• Utilize a variety of library and cataloging software
• Effective communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
Two years classroom teaching experience.
Essential Job Functions
Learner-Centered Teaching and Learning:
• Demonstrate knowledge of TEKS when collaborating with teachers to integrate district curriculum goals with library instruction.
• Differentiate instructional strategies according to multiple learning styles and students' skill and knowledge levels.
• Provide ongoing instruction and training in the effective use of all library resources for all students, staff, families, and community members.
• Provide reading programs throughout the year to encourage students to develop a lifelong appreciation of literature.
• Collaborate and model with teachers to assist students in developing 21st century literacy skills using research and information problem-solving strategies.
• Facilitate access, use, and integration of technology to enrich the curriculum and enhance learning.
• Collect and use statistical data from monthly reports and collection analysis to implement change and target growth in the library program.
Learner-Centered Program Leadership and Management
• Demonstrate effective leadership strategies and interpersonal communication skills to promote achievement of library program goals.
• Complete reports, budget expenditures, and material cataloging according to district, state, and national guidelines.
• Demonstrate integrity and ethics by complying with policies, regulations, and legislation regarding copyright, plagiarism, internet access, and other legal issues (also Standard III).
• Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
• Seek to identify and expand services to students and staff.
• Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
• Utilize time management and daily routines to efficiently oversee the successful use of library resources.
• Meet supervisors' task completion deadlines while maintaining punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
• Participate in annual review based on librarianship
Learner-Centered Technology and Information Access
• Demonstrate proficient levels of technology applications in the library program.
• Participate in district and state technology initiatives.
Learner-Centered Library Environment
• Provide a user-friendly environment which is attractive, well-organized, and safe for all stakeholders such as students, staff, administrators, co-workers, and other members in the community.
• Select and order library materials according to the district's board approved selection policy in order to provide a balanced and up-to-date collection that reflects
• Student Interests
• Independent Reading Needs
• Also Standard VI
• Promote access to resources and information during and beyond the instructional day
• Identify and stay up-to date by participating in professional development activities that are aligned with district, campus, library goals.
Standard Learner-Centered Connections to the Community
• Promote library activities that offer families the opportunity to participate in school activities and their children's educations.
• Partner with the local public library to encourage participation in summer reading programs and other literacy events.
• Invite community members to participate in library partnership activities, multicultural programs, and displays.
Learner-Centered Information Science and Librarianship
• Maintain and weed the campus collection using district guidelines.
• Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
• Utilize established cataloging standards and district cataloging software tools to catalog new materials and maintain MARC records.
• Stay current on age level appropriate literature by participating in the district literature publisher review.
• Encourage students to abide by safe-digital citizenship rules as directed by district policy
• Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervise clerical aide(s), student aides, and volunteers.
Personal or laptop computer, printer, copier, fax machine, shredder, calculator, telephone, electronic mobile devices, projector, video display monitor.
Physical Demands/Mental Demands/Environmental Factors:
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing book carts weighing up to 400 pounds; occasionally required to stand, walk reach with hands and arms; vision abilities include close vision; and color vision, regularly work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress; the noise level is usually moderate. Ability to maintain positive attitude under stress of frequent interruptions, and multiple tasks. The employee may spend long hours in intense concentration which requires attention to detail. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The employee must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues
Manor TX USA
Jobs in Manor TX United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.