University of South Carolina Aiken
University of South Carolina Aiken Aiken SC United States
2 months ago
Dean of Library – USC Aiken
The University of South Carolina Aiken invites applications and nominations for the position of Library Dean. The Library Dean reports directly to the Provost, and is responsible for strategic leadership, administrative management and supervision of the Gregg-Graniteville Library. Specific responsibilities include...
• Working collaboratively with Library faculty and staff to fulfill the campus's educational and research mission. Accomplishing this through leadership in the provision of library resources and services;
• Directing the Library’s long-term and strategic planning;
• Fostering cooperative relationships across campus, the USC system, and the statewide academic library consortium to enhance resources and services available to the USCA community;
• Advocating for collections and resources on campus;
• Keeping abreast of the latest developments in academic libraries and higher education;
• Leading library efforts to support the commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
• Building and sustaining strategic and innovative library initiatives, including open access and open educational resources;
• Developing and administering the Library’s budget and resources;
• Overseeing the development and performance of tenured and non-tenured library faculty and staff, while fostering a positive team-based working environment;
• Sustaining a scholarly and professional record appropriate to appointment at the Associate Professor level or above.
USC Aiken continues to diversify its faculty ranks to more closely resemble our student population, approximately 40% of whom are from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups. USC Aiken is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, genetics, or protected veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Review of applications will begin on March 22, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. To be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/140690 and upload the following with their online application: a letter describing the interest and qualifications for the position, a current CV, statement of philosophy of librarianship, and full contact information for 3 professional references. Please direct additional questions to Dr. Katie Smith, Search Chair, [email protected]. Additional materials will be solicited as needed. Finalists will be required to submit official hard copy transcripts and three signed recommendation letters. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The University of South Carolina Aiken, a public comprehensive university in the University of South Carolina system, offers undergraduate and master’s degrees to more than 3,900 students in 50 programs of study. USC Aiken, newly recognized as a master’s-granting university, has long been ranked as a top public regional college in the South by U.S. News & World Report’s guide "America’s Best Colleges" with 23 consecutive years ranking among the top three and 15 times as #1. Additionally, USC Aiken was recognized for being a Best College for Veterans and a Top Performer in Social Mobility. USC Aiken is South Carolina’s COPLAC institution providing a unique and strong liberal arts core within our degree offerings. We boast students from 35 states and 32 countries. USC Aiken has ten NCAA Division II Athletic programs. Learn more about USC Aiken at www.usca.edu.
Situated on 450 acres, USC Aiken is located thirty miles from Augusta, GA (home of the Masters Tournament and Fort Gordon, the home of the US Army Cyber Command), 60 miles from Columbia, SC, and within three hours’ drive of Charleston, SC and the Appalachian Mountains, and four hours’ drive of Coastal South Carolina. Aiken is well known for its southern charm, equestrian life and events, famous thoroughbred horses, historic homes, and the wonderful weather
Aiken SC USA
Jobs in Aiken SC United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.