Genesis Cancer Care UK Limited
Genesis Cancer Care UK Limited Canada Canada
2 months ago
Medical Physicist - Nuclear Medicine page is loaded Medical Physicist - Nuclear Medicine Apply locations UK-Windsor time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R0016045
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world .
We are looking for a Medical Physicist - Nuclear Medicine to join the team at our flagship, state-of-the-art centre based in Windsor.
As the Medical Physicist – Nuclear Medicine you will be the Medical Physics Expert (MPE) for Nuclear Medicine based at the centre supporting the team in delivery of care to the patient.
Hours: Full time, permanent (37.5hours)
What you’ll do :
Key areas for the role:
• Perform routine clinical procedures and undertake clinical projects
• Provide support to the Clinical Nuclear Medicine Service
• Provide Nuclear Medicine QA of all patient imaging equipment on site
• Provide radiation... safety and radiation protection support
• Participate in the development and introduction of new clinical protocols and
• Contribute to audit activities within the department
• Participate in the conduct of research and development projects.
• Give advice, training and practical support on the correct operation and quality assurance of a range of nuclear medicine, PET/CT and SPECT CT instrumentation and computer systems.
• Undertake teaching as required, and in the training, education and supervision of local and visiting staff; contributing to their continuing education and to the development of their competencies.
• Having scientific and technical oversight for nuclear medicine services on site
• Leading on project development and delivery to contribute to service improvements both on-site and companywide (e.g. QA methods, techniques and efficiency, etc)
Your key responsibilities:
• To contribute fully to the work of the team by providing a high standard of scientific and technical support to the clinical and research activities of the Institute of Nuclear Medicine
• Contribute to the development of clinical protocols and the introduction of new procedures or equipment, by advising on appropriate methodologies for the acquisition and analysis of data obtained, and by creating and validating the necessary computer code and macros, and written work instructions and SOPs to achieve this
• Participate fully in the regular meetings of the UK physics team and Imaging teams
• Acquire and maintain familiarity with the full range of nuclear medicine, SPECT/CT, and PET/CT equipment available to the department, providing ongoing expert scientific and technical support and advice on its correct operation and functionality and in its safe use and proper care.
• Participate in the installation, acceptance testing and commissioning of new nuclear medicine, SPECT/CT and PET/CT equipment and in the initial training of a range of staff groups in the use of this clinical equipment.
• Perform quality assurance and performance testing on the department’s nuclear medicine, SPECT/CT, PET/CT and PET/MR equipment, critically appraising the results obtained and executing the appropriate remedial action; in liaison with Head of Service and OEM
• Acquire and maintain a working familiarity with this departmental software, computer systems and network infrastructure to deliver the support required.
• Participate in the commissioning of clinical image processing and review workstations. To participate in the implementation of applications software as required for clinical and research data analysis; creating, validating and/or modifying this as required to meet the clinical needs of the organisation
• Contribute to the implementation GenesisCare UK Policies and legislative requirements, clinical governance, internal and external audit programs, and relevant scientific and professional quality standards and systems. This will involve procedures including the generation and maintenance of protocols and procedures, formal records, audit, training, monitoring.
• Comply at all times with GenesisCare UK systems, procedures and tests so as to assure compliance with regulatory requirements in the management of radiation protection; specifically including the department’s Local Rules for Radiation Safety, the conditions of its EPR Permits and its IRMER Policies and Employers
• Participate in research and development activities compatible with the overall strategic research aims of GenesisCare UK
• Participate in research and development projects undertaken by the centre in collaboration with other departments and external institutions
• Deliver practical and administrative radiation protection advice and support, specifically including active participation in the management of radioactive waste in accordance with the department’s established systems and procedures, and in the management and control of its radioactive sources.
• Work to acquire and develop further skills as are appropriate to the post, e.g. programming techniques, analytical methods and technologies, familiarity with clinical and physiological concepts and models.
• Work with the RPS to ensure all radiation protection requirements are met and good practices followed on site
• Maintain own Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in accordance with Genesis Care and professional standards
What you’ll have:
Experience and skills:
• Self-management – organised and self-motivated
• Interpersonal and communication skills, able to confidently and diplomatically deal with doctors and colleagues when issues arise
• Ability to teach and train clinical colleagues (Doctors, Radiographers, Dosimetrists, Technologists, physicists, etc.)
• Ability to present and explain technical aspects of radiotherapy to non-clinical/non-technical staff (eg BDMS, visitors, patients)
• Advanced user of Microsoft excel
• PET CT and SPECT CT - QA and experience
• Statistical analysis
• Comfortable delivering oral presentations
• Extensive clinical experience as a Nuclear Medicine Physicist such that the post-holder is considered a Medical Physics Expert (for the purposes of IRR99 etc.)
Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Registration with the UK HealthCare Professions Council (HCPC) as a Clinical Scientist in Radiotherapy Specialism
• Knowledge of UK Nuclear Medicine
• Knowledge of UK Private Health Sector
• CT scanner QA
• Application of Dosimetry in Therapy procedures for Nuclear Medicone
In order to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and patients, GenesisCare strongly encourages the uptake of the Covid-19 vaccination and booster vaccination programmes
What’s in it for you:
Do your life’s best work! This is an amazing opportunity for you to join a global oncology specialist, rated in the Top 1% of healthcare providers!
At GenesisCare we’re leading the way in technology and innovation, we’re changing the way patients experience cancer treatment and care. We do the right thing by our patients, our partners and each other. Like the sound of us? We would love to hear from you!
• Make sure your annual leave suits you with 25 days + bank holidays, and the opportunity to buy/ sell annual leave.
• Look after yourself with free private medical and dental cover, as well as access Employee Assistance Programme & Income Protection
• We’ll look after you and your family with free radiotherapy treatment.
• Plan for your future with a competitive Company Contributory Pension Scheme
• Join our wellbeing community with access to Babylon Health and Headspace Wellbeing
• Save on your parking costs with free car parking at most of our centres.
• Treat yourself with access to a wide range of retail discounts.
• Join a global employer and open opportunities to work in other countries.
Who we are:
Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. Asking what if and why not? And focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients so they can live better for longer.
We are 5500+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease.
Visit the GenesisCare LinkedIn page to learn more about our culture, values, why we love working here and see what we’ve been getting up to! www.linkedin.com/company/genesiscare/life/
Across the world, we have more than 440+ centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do - whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner, or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.”
If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare!
GenesisCare does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of GenesisCare. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
0:00 / 1:37 About Us
People centricity is at the heart of what we do, whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build a culture of care that is patient focused and performance driven. We are always improving, designing new and higher standards for clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Across our network, we employ talented and passionate health care and business professionals to ensure we deliver on our patient promise. Join us at GenesisCare
Medical Physicist - Nuclear Medicine Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.