Kinexus Canberra ACT Australia
2 months ago
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Software Developer - RFQ-ASD-51-2023 - SOW 1 - Rereleased
The Software Developer will work to the Technical Team Lead to deliver enhancements to a newly introduced capability supporting cyber security mission and analysis functions.
Working within a small team of technical specialists, the service provider will have significant autonomy in managing work, and will be able to independently approach, own and solve key problem sets.
The service provider will develop and deliver ongoing enhancements to a software application, comprised of a range of commercial, open-source, and bespoke code, and assist in managing this system across development, quality assurance, and production environments. The service provider will also undertake required 2nd and 3rd level support activities as required to maintain system operation.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security... clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
• The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
• Work with other developers, security specialists, and stakeholders in feature development, prioritisation, and ongoing system enhancements.
• With support from the Technical Lead, manage all aspects of the software development life cycle, including application of change control, source control, and continuous integration.
• Develop and improve the mission system and support systems by applying your knowledge and experience along with industry best practice.
• Deliver quality code enhancements across various systems, interfaces, components, and distributed technologies.
• Produce test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Undertake testing, with the use of test automation. Create traceability records between test cases and requirements.
• Undertake second and third level system support tasks, resolve incidents and defects, manage planned and unplanned outages, monitor performance and alert management of critical issues as they arise.
• Keep abreast of technological advances and make recommendations for future technology choices. Interpret customer requirements and respond with a coherent technical solution.
• Develop and maintain relevant Systems Lifecycle documentation, including design documentation, technical notes, standard operating procedures, deployment guides, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Demonstrated experience developing large complex web applications with React, Express, HTML and CSS, including relevant frameworks and libraries.
• Demonstrated experience in both development languages such as Java and Python, as well as enabling technologies such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible.
• Experience with developing and deploying software within a Linux/ UNIX environment.
• Experience in the use of automation and deployment tools is desirable.
• Proven experience working within Agile, CI/CD, or DevOps teams.
• Some experience in Windows and Unix-based administration.
• Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
• Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
• Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
• Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
• 12 or 24 month contracts available.
• Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
• Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
• Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
• DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
• Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
• Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
• Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
• We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
• Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
• We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
• We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
• Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
• Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP
Canberra ACT Australia
Jobs in Canberra ACT Australia
Software Developer Canberra ACT jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.