Blizzard Entertainment Taipei Taiwan
2 months ago
Language Specialist, Thai (12 months contract)
This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together.
We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro.
You’ll be part of Localisation Dublin team that was established in 2007 and is located 2.3km from Dublin City Centre in East Point Business Park. As a team we are... responsible for the Project Management and Quality Assurance of our great games. Our purpose is to ensure that the localised version of a game meets the highest quality standards before being released. At our location you can expect to work with people from all across the world.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
• The Thai Language Specialist is responsible for supporting the localisation of high-quality products or marketing assets for Thai specifically by close collaborative work with Project Management and Localisation QA.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the localisation of assigned products from planning through to delivery.
• Translate / Proofread audio scripts, in-game text and other video game related documents from English to Thai.
• Review and approve assets before they are published.
• Partner with external Thai localisation agencies to decide questions of translation style, answer queries and provide support in facilitating the delivery of high-quality translation.
• Work with the internal Project Management team to develop and implement plans which will deliver quality for our Thai language games.
• Work with the internal QA Department during the quality assurance process for localised versions of products and be a point of escalation and advice for the Thai localisation testers for translation and linguistic questions.
• Communicate in a clear and timely fashion any risks which could impact the quality of the product and delivery schedule. Put corrective measures in place where possible.
• Tracking, evaluating and fixing linguistic bugs as required.
• Create / Maintain the game translation assets – such as Glossary/Termbase, Translation Memories and style guides.
• Previous experience as a Thai Translator, ideally within the video game industry.
• Experience using industry CAT tools, especially memoQ.
Knowledge & Skills
• Fluent in Thai verbal and written. Creative writing skills a distinct advantage
• Business fluency in English verbal and written
• Demonstrated creative translation expertise and experience in subtitling/voice script localisation and adaptation.
• Specialisation – having experience with and an understanding of different gaming genres especially shooters (FPS)
• Knowledge of the videogame and localisation industries.
• Understanding of local and market cultural sensitivities
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected]
Language Specialist, Thai (12 months contract) Taipei jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.