Talent Nation Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
• Newly created role
• Solutions for mining, water and waste containment
• Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide or Melbourne based
Utilise your environmental expertise to drive sustainable solutions with an award-winning organisation recognised for innovation by AFR and BOSS.
For 30 years in New Zealand and 40 years in Australia Geofabrics have supported the infrastructure sector on significant projects from the Victorian Level Crossing Removal projects to APLNG in Queensland, to the Christchurch Gondola in New Zealand. On these projects, and every project Geofabrics undertake, they have a singular focus: to provide smarter infrastructure solutions for their clients. In fact, they were ranked #1 in the Manufacturing & Consumer Goods category on the Most Innovative Companies list by the Australian Financial Review (AFR) and BOSS Magazine.
For Geofabrics, smarter infrastructure is about using smart products, smart solutions and smart people to help their clients develop value... engineering opportunities for their projects. They believe this delivers greater opportunities to lower risk, cost and construction time frames whilst increasing maintenance cycles and whole of life opportunities.
Geofabrics has extensive experience in the application of geosynthetics into traditional civil markets, including Mining, and is now deepening its extensive product range, R&D capability and progression to solving complex environmental problems through Australian made geosynthetics into Mine Rehabilitation, land remediation and revegetation applications.
The Environmental Solutions Manager will complement the existing strengths of Geofabrics in the application of geosynthetics into these segments through a strong background in environmental consultancy, environmental planning, contaminated site assessments (mining, industry, urban developments) and assisting mine sites achieve compliance in rehabilitation and decarbonisation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading and managing all elements of environment, planning and sustainability for a program of projects.
• Providing expert ESG advice in a dynamic project delivery environment.
• Working with Geofabrics’ partners (employees, customers, consultants, contractors) to ensure superior environmental and sustainability outcomes.
• Discover and pursue new business opportunities nationally for the Mining, Water, Waste & Containment segments.
• Maximise revenue by working closely with Segment Business Development Managers, the Geosynthetics Research, Innovation & Development team and state sales teams by promoting the sustainability proposition of our green range of geosynthetics and more broadly, the benefits of geosynthetics as a solution relative to conventional materials and / or construction methods.
• Present the Geofabrics business as a leader and solutions provider in de-carbonisation of mine assets through the promotion and use of geosynthetics.
• Connect the Geofabrics business and specifically, BDMs and GRID, to environmental industry specialists in Mining, Land Remediation (including Defence) and Waste & Containment.
• Working with the Geofabrics Group CEO/MD and Marketing, promote the company positioning and capability in strengthening its carbon footprint including, inter alia, development of EPD’s, product Life Cycle Analysis and the de-carbonising of our manufacturing plants.
• Geofabrics advocacy with Industry Associations such as Austmine, ISC and Greening Australia to promote our business and our green, sustainability and environmental credentials.
You possess significant experience as an Environmental Consultant, ideally within the mining, water or waste containment sectors. You have a well balance blend of technical knowledge and commercial acumen and recognise your value and how this contributes the bottom line. You are a people person and forging sound relationships comes naturally to you, as does maintaining existing ones. You relish solving complex problems and collaborating with others to develop innovative solutions that deliver for clients and the environment.
Ideally you will possess:
• Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills.
• The ability to process a wide range of information and communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders.
• Consulting experience supporting the delivery of environmental management and compliance and/or environmental impact assessment studies and regulatory approvals applications.
• High-level problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively execute solutions.
• Strong strategic planning skills and commercial acumen.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental studies.
The Rewards and Culture
Geofabrics take great pride in what they do. They recognise and celebrate success and provide a culture to grow and thrive in. There is an opportunity to not only design solutions, but see them through to successful completion. This is an organisation that measures success through the strength of their relationships with clients and customers, not billable hours.
You have the autonomy to shape your own success, backed by deep technical knowledge and a highly collaborative team that love what they do.
There is also corporate discounted health insurance, service awards, reward and recognition program, banking offers, employee referral program, and a generous STIP program.
How to Apply
Apply now by submitting your current CV (in word format) and cover letter addressing your relevant experience as per the experience requirements, via our online application process.
For a confidential discussion or to review the information pack, please contact Andrea Bourke on 9600 0115 during business hours or [email protected]
To be eligible to apply, you must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
Talent Nation encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Environmental Solutions Manager Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.