Defence Australia Adelaide SA Australia
2 months ago
The APS 6 Estate Environmental Officer is accountable to perform and achieve complex environmental management work within an integrated workforce.
The roles require people who can:
· understand and interpret legislation, policy and procedures and provide commensurate environmental advice to ensure compliance with Defence’s environmental management responsibilities;
· undertake specialist research and analysis, conduct assessments and prioritise, to provide support to the broader team to achieve results and initiate improvements to business practices to further Defence’s environmental policy objectives;
· provide excellent customer service, with sound administration skills and strong coordination, communication and relationship management capabilities, including with senior management;
· facilitate, build and maintain positive and productive relationships in order to represent and communicate Defence’s environmental requirements, policies and activities; and
·... understand and act on environmental risk factors associated with operating in a Defence context.
About our Team
The Environment and Sustainability team mission is to ensure the Defence estate is effectively managed and maintained in a way that is sustainable, effectively supports capability now and into the future and ensures compliance with Defence’s legislative requirements. We value our team using initiative to explore innovative approaches to support continuous improvement across our deliverables.
Our Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will:
· thrive in a fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and escalate concerns in a timely manner;
· be an excellent communicator, who genuinely focuses on developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with key environmental stakeholders, both internal and external to Defence;
· be able to think quickly and strategically to identify original, creative or pragmatic solutions to environmental problems, and apply details to inform and guide planning;
· understand legislation to support your own task delivery and provide accurate advice to stakeholders;
· be able to assist in the identification of risks and issues that can impact a successful delivery of projects and programs; and
· be a self-motivated person who contributes to a positive organisational and team culture that supports the Defence Values and Behaviours;
· be prepared to perform other duties to help our broader teams when required.
Application Closing Date: 11:30pm (AEST), Monday 3 April 2023
For further information please review the job information pack, reference SEG/01305/23 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=9E1165AB-A435-1554-9A9D-D17617A17FDD
Adelaide SA Australia
APS 6 - Environment & Sustainability Manager Adelaide SA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.