Newport Healthcare Vista CA United States
2 months ago
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do... that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
The Counselor conducts individual counseling sessions and facilitates skills-based and psycho-educational groups. This position coordinates the stage/phase system with the completion of Discovery Journal assignments, advancement, and scheduling of earned privileges. This position will provide clinical support to the program as needed through milieu management and modeling appropriate interventions with staff.
• Facilitate individual counseling and skills-based and psychoeducational group sessions with young adults/adolescents within the framework of Newport Healthcare’s clinical model.
• Provide a stable and consistent presence in the milieu.
• Evaluate Discovery journal assignments and advancement recommendations through stages/phases based on client’s progress.
• Schedule experiential and recreational activities associated with earned privileges as part of advancement through the stage/phase system.
• Complete risk assessment and initial safety plan upon admission.
• Coordinate treatment goals and services in collaboration with client's treatment team, as informed by intake assessments, with 30-day treatment plan reviews and updates.
• Conduct risk or crisis assessments and provide crisis intervention/management as needed.
• Provide substance use education to clients, families, and in the community as needed.
• Complete documentation (assessments, treatment plans, progress and group notes, discharge summary) timely and according to established standards.
• Provide service coordination, case management, and discharge planning services as needed.
• Support staff in managing clients and setting limits, as well as holding staff accountable to the Newport Healthcare guidelines as needed.
• Attend weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and clinical supervision.
• Attend meetings, trainings and conferences representing Newport Healthcare as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field preferred.
• Credentialed or board-registered in substance use (CDP, CAC, CADAC, RAD) or mental health (APCC, LAPC, ASW, AMFT, MHCA) preferred, as determined by position and requirements of the state in which services are provided.
• Willingness to register for certification in the state in which services are provided required.
• Experience working with individual, family, and/or group therapy with young adults/adolescents required.
• Experience with mental health, substance abuse, eating disorders, or trauma-informed treatment preferred.
• State specific requirements are addressed in the offer letter.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email [email protected] for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Vista CA USA
Jobs in Vista CA United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.