Thermo Fisher Italy Italy
2 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
Reporting To: EHS Supervisor
No of Direct Reports: NA
How will you make an impact?
Effective management of legislative compliance practices and sustainability projects
What will you do?
• Ensure compliance with the pertinent environmental regulations regarding relevant aspects such as air... emissions, waste water, waste, external noise, F-gas, supporting all the internal functions
• Analyze environmental legislation and periodical updates and evaluate their applicability and impact on activities
• Ensure compliance with permits requirements, data collection and communication to local authorities regarding wastewater discharges, air emissions and waste products and anything else required by current regulations.
• Ensure the correct management of waste in the phases of collection, handling, storage, disposal and administrative management.
• Ensure the correct management of the process of fiscal destruction, included supervision at the final disposal plant.
• Identify the significant environmental aspects, assess the environmental risks and identify the most appropriate management focusing on continuous improvement.
• Ensure compliance with the procedures and company policy, the continuous updating of documents and the implementation of planned actions, verifying, through audits in the workplace and/or at suppliers, compliance with the environmental management system and the achievement of objectives.
• Support the team during organization of third parties periodic audits and support the certification body team during the inspection.
• Organize and deliver information/training interventions to workers on environmental and sustainability topics.
• Coordinate the data collection process for the calculation of the Organizational Carbon Footprint according to the ISO 14064-1 standard
• Constantly monitor environmental performances, promoting and coordinating projects based on sustainability and impact reduction.
How will you get here?
• Technical degree (environmental sciences, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry)
• 2+ years' experience in the specific function, not necessarily in the pharmaceutical field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of guidelines, regulations and international standards related to the environment
• Good knowledge of the English language
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes
• Good relational and organizational skills, proactivity and flexibility in working in a dynamic, multicultural and constantly evolving context, problem solving and ability to work in a team.
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive salary and performance related bonus structure
• Access to Thermo Fisher’s global University
• Exposure to market leading & cutting edge technologies
• Career development opportunities as part of a leading global organisation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Environmental Specialist Italy jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.