Muthaiga Golf Club
Muthaiga Golf Club Nairobi Kenya
2 months ago
Muthaiga Golf Club, proudly called the Home of Golf by its elite membership, is in many ways the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-Hole Championship Golf Course. We pride ourselves as one of the most prestigious and challenging courses in the region.
The force behind this renaissance is an extensive course reconstruction by the celebrated South African course designer Peter Matkovich, which in 2002 returned Muthaiga to its prominence as the finest course with the fastest greens in East Africa. We were named as the 2021 Best Golf Course in Kenya by the World Golf Awards.
The Club's success is based on our ability to recruit and retain people who meet the highest standards of excellence and integrity with the right skills and an aptitude for customer excellence and collaboration.
Muthaiga Golf Club is currently recruiting for Marketing and Communications Manager.
The main role of the jobholder will be to... provide strategic leadership in brand marketing activities, including the direct responsibility of execution of events within the club, through close partnerships with agencies, corporate members, internal teams, and other stakeholders.
The position holder will be part of the team that will oversee all internal and external communication and marketing tools, including the website, Club magazine, direct email, media relations and oversee the correct usage and application of the Club's corporate identity elements.
The role reports directly to the General Manager, and has one report – Martketing and Communications Officer.
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of the achievements made on:
• Effective management of marketing and communications activities.
• Effective members and sponsors relations.
• Increased corporate sponsorship opportunities.
• Compliance to approved budget.
• Adherence to laid down communications and marketing standard procedures.
• Timely and accurate reports.
• Planning, organizing and communicating to members all monthly social events.
• Club website & mobile app management.
• Social media management & analysis.
• Managing the Club’s Mobile applications.
• Provide leadership in drafting of communications for both the Club’s internal & external publics using approved communication channels.
• Be on the forefront in safeguarding the club’s data and adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Collecting market intelligence in all aspects of Club services, products and membership.
• Identifying and analyzing of competitor promotional trends, and advising the Marketing and Communications committee on the current industry best practices
• Liaise with the media and other advertising agencies to ensure appropriate marketing of the Club’s services.
• Manage the designing and printing of all club posters, fliers, menus and other external club advertisements to world class standards.
• Ensure effective event management
• Custodian of the Club’s events calendar (weddings, conferences, meetings).
• Provide leadership in the management of all events service providers, ensure they are well briefed with the Clubs regulations and maintain the required standards.
• Conduct post event evaluation reports noting attendance, challenges and areas of improvement
• Monitor the club’s social media and Google Analytics, analyses and report on the same
• Optimize club paid advertising campaigns using SEO and other tools to ensure wide reach and maximize on Return On Investment
• Confident communicator and presenter
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and graph design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Integrity and confidentiality
• Self-driven and results oriented
• Creative and innovative
• Customer service oriented with pleasant and outgoing personality
• Team player
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Superior project management and time management skills.
• Above average skills in photography & videography.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Communications or related field
• Microsoft Office Proficiency
• Demonstrated professional, senior level competencies for at least three years,
• Proven Graphic design and motion-graphic design experience is desirable.
• Experience using Graphic design software such Adobe Suite i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects & Premiere Pro is a MUST.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply via Brightermonday portal on or before Friday 24th March, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Marketing and Communications Manager Nairobi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.