Netherlands Embassy Kampala Uganda
2 months ago
Duty Station: Kampala,
Embassy is the diplomat mission of The Kingdom of the
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of agendas and planning of appointments, including
coordination of the programme of the Head of Mission and his Deputy.
• First telephonic point of contact for the Head of Mission and his
• Processing incoming correspondence (hard copy, as well as e-mails in
the general inbox KAM and the inbox of the Ambassadors office KAM-CDP)
including distribution to other staff members for follow-up.
• Coordinating outgoing correspondence for the management team and
policy staff. This includes revising and correcting correspondence where
necessary, as well as independently drafting letters and note verbales.
• Preparation of the agenda, minute-taking and monitoring of action
points for the bi-weekly policy staff meeting.
• Maintaining and keeping up-to-date the Embassy... database in Microsoft
• Organisation of representational activities (, dinners,
receptions) for the Head of Mission and his Deputy, including the
organisation of the annual Kings Day event.
• Administrative and logistical support for field visits of the Head
of Mission and his Deputy.
• Administrative and logistical support for incoming missions.
• Maintaining the inventory of promotional materials and gifts.
• Web-editor for the Embassy website (Dutch and English version).
• Editor for the Embassy Facebook and Twitter accounts, including
active outreach, seeking interesting content independently as well as
motivating other colleagues to deliver content on the basis of their
• Digital archiving of documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Dutch EmbassySenior Secretary/Clerical Officer should have completed senior
secondary vocational level
• A minimum of eight years of experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and orally.
• Good social media skills (website/social media).
• Good organisational and planning skills.
• Knowledge of secretarial/clerical and management support procedures.
• Knowledge of computerised word processing and automatized/computer
based systems including knowledge of common software such as MS Outlook,
Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Knowledge of the organisations work agreements on
secretarial/clerical work, regulations, duties, structure and procedures.
• General knowledge of the nature of the embassys work.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of organisational and functional
arrangements within the embassy and the Ministry, the nature of mutual
relationships and dealings and organisational and functional arrangements
in the field in which the embassy operates.
• Skill in creating and keeping records and in producing progress and
other reports, lists and policy documents.
• Skill in organisation and coordination.
• Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Dutch would be an added
• Enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible colleague who is able to work
both independently as well as within a team and is equipped with a strong
sense of responsibility. Is able to juggle a multitude of activities and
determine priorities independently.
• He/she has a radar for intercultural sensitivities and knows how to
manoeuvre in a context where things do not always run smoothly.
• Has a pro-active attitude and does not fear taking initiative.
• He/she is discreet with (confidential) information and maintains a
high level of integrity.
• With internal and external bodies and individuals, he/she has to
provide general substantive and other information on matters currently
being dealt with by the embassy
Admin Embassy Jobs – Senior Secretary/Clerical Officer –... Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.