Bord na Móna
Bord na Móna Newbridge County Kildare Ireland
2 months ago
Senior Project Manager (Environmental)
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Project Manager (Environmental) on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Planning Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and project managing the delivery of Planning Applications and Environmental Impact Assessment Report/Appropriate Assessment for specific Bord na Móna Renewable Energy infrastructure projects, including management of all baseline environmental and constraints assessments required to input into the design process and to inform the EIA/AA.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Lead and project manage the planning application and associated EIA/AA processes for specific Renewable energy project(s) from site selection up to the point of consenting decision (including Oral Hearing and/or Further Information Requests) and any subsequent... challenges to same. This will include responsibility for leading and project managing the project design phases and all relevant site-specific baseline assessment studies required to inform the design and EIA/AA processes;
• Lead and project manage the delivery of the Planning Application documentation, most importantly the Environmental Impact Assessment Report and Appropriate Assessment/Natura Impact Statement for the proposed development. This will include working with the relevant lead consultant to issue draft application documentation incl. planning drawings, EIAR chapters, AA/NIS and all associated appendices. It will also include detailed review and mark-up, managing the legal review process and leading the decision making on any proposed changes to the planning application documents;
• Provide environmental, planning and project management expertise in relation to the delivery of Renewable Energy projects. Inform the Business Unit Strategy to ensure compliance with Planning and Environmental issues. This will include keeping abreast of planning/environmental outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and updates to national, regional, and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company. Track and identify, prepare/liaise/contribute and/or submit relevant submissions or comments on policy documents as they arise, such as national strategies, regional planning guidelines, county development plans, renewable energy strategies, planning applications and planning guidelines that could impact on Bord na Móna’s project development pipeline as appropriate;
• Lead the implementation of protocols for effective engagement with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning processes of specific Bord na Móna Renewable Energy projects. Develop, in conjunction with the Stakeholder and Advocacy team, effective project plans to the ensure appropriate management of communications and consultation with local communities and other relevant stakeholders around proposed Bord na Móna development sites;
• Prepare and/or check scopes for third party services for projects and fully participate in the various stages of associated procurement processes. Ensure that the procurement of third- party services for projects under the planning and environmental remit are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects;
• Ensure that all works carried out under your remit comply with Bord na Móna’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
• Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
• Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) desirable but not essential;
• Minimum of 4 -7 years’ experience project managing/working on planning applications and preparation of EIAR/AA for large scale infrastructure projects;
• Significant experience in leading/inputting to project planning applications, Environmental Impact Assessment, or other consenting processes. An emphasis on Power Generation (Renewable) and related infrastructure, or SID projects desirable but not essential;
• Significant technical expertise in the areas of infrastructure planning process and environmental assessment. In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in these areas.
• Project management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines. Specific expertise in the delivery of EIS/EIAR/AA/NIS documentation for large scale development projects essential
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 17th March 2023.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer
Newbridge County Kildare Ireland
Jobs in Newbridge County Kildare Ireland
Senior Project Manager (Environmental) Newbridge jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.