University of Ghana
University of Ghana Accra Ghana
2 months ago
The Ghana National. Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) and the University of Ghana (UG) have established a Research Chair in Petroleum Geoscience at the Department of Earth Science, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, UG. The Chair has been established to strengthen Petroleum Geoscience research and education capacity at UG in order to support the optimal exploration, delineation and development of Ghana's hydrocarbon resources. One major objective of the Chair would be to facilitate the sustainable development of Ghana's hydrocarbon deposits, while providing a reference point for developing Similar technical capacity in Africa.
The Administrative Manager Shall
• Assist the occupant of the Chair in the discharge of his/her duties.
• Liaise with donors and collaborators on behalf of the Chair.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of oil and gas operators' area of focus, policies and requirements.
• Maintain contact with donors.
• Encourage and support faculty members and... faculty teams to develop research proposals.
• Manage schedules, appointments and deadlines.
• Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
• Organise and supervise office activities.
• Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations of the University.
• Organise or facilitate the organisation of geoscience public lectures, conferences and workshops.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of a Master's degree in Petroleum Geoscience or related field.
• Must have proven experience as administrative manager preferably in the upstream petroleum sector.
• Must have adequate knowledge of the upstream petroleum sector of Ghana.
• Must have project management experience.
• Must have budgeting and financial reporting experience.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have ability to work with minimal supervision
• Experience in grant and technical writing and support of research will be an advantage
• The tenure of the Chair shall be for a term of two (2) academic years and may be renewed for an additional term only based on an evaluation of the performance of the Chair.
• The salary attached to the position is attractive with fringe benefits.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be forwarded to the following address not later than Friday 17th August, 2018.
The College Secretary
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
University of Ghana
P.O. Box LG 1195
Closing Date: 17 August, 2018
Administrative Manager Accra jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.