Igenomix Paterna Spain
2 months ago
We are looking for a data scientist interested in implementing predictive models for different RNA sequencing projects and creating a platform of pipelines to support them. The person will join a systems biology research team focused on mining large RNAseq data from human subjects in the context of reproductive medicine. We are part of Genética por la Vida Foundation-INCLIVA directed by Prof. Carlos Simón, made up of 22 scientific professionals with 5 main lines of research framed in the field of women’s health. This is a multidisciplinary team focused on enhancing genomic/transcriptomic prediction algorithms for individual disease risk stratification and diagnostic application in gynecological and obstetric pathologies. He/she will also collaborate with scientists and collaborators from various national and international institutions to translate the results into new applications.
• Analyze proprietary and public RNA-seq datasets from human subjects in the... diagnostic area of women’s and reproductive health.
• RNA-seq analysis from liquid biopsies as a non-invasive early diagnosis tool.
• Use predictive modeling to reach sound biological results.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Implement new approaches and develop the working tools and techniques to address the objective biology questions.
• Drive optimization and improvement of modeling development.
• Analyze and monitor model performance and data accuracy.
• Automate workflows and manage pipelines and scripts.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Collaborate with scientists to prioritize tasks for follow up, testing and/or validation of hypothesis.
• Contribute to publications in peer-reviewed journals resulting from above research, as well as any methodological innovations.
• Master’s or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Biostatistics, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
• 1-3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models in bioinformatics, or any computational/quantitative biology field.
• Broad experience in designing and building scalable data pipelines to reach data-driven scientific conclusions.
• Proficiency using statistical computer languages (Python, R) and scripting in Linux and HPC computing resources.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques (Next Generation Sequencing)
• Experience visualizing/presenting data to collaborators.
• Experience in organizing results in reports or notebooks (Rmarkdown or Jupyter)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• Ability to organise own workload and manage competing priorities.
• Strong problem-solving oriented person
• Professional level ability in Spanish and English.
Is a plus
• Knowledge in oncology and other somatic conditions
• Knowledge of modern biological data warehouses (SRA, GEO)
• Experience with relational databases and SQL-like query languages.
What we offer?
• Participate in a research project framed within women’s health in a highly motivating team.
• Full-time employment contract in a job located in Valencia.
• Economic remuneration according to the candidate’s profile.
• Opportunity for professional and personal growth, as well as the application of knowledge working with colleagues from the same professional field.
If you think this could be an interesting opportunity for you, do not hesitate to send us your CV
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.