UK Atomic Energy Authority
UK Atomic Energy Authority Culham Abingdon United Kingdom
2 months ago
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
The UKAEA is looking for a Technical Writer to join the Office of the Chief Engineer (OCE) department on a permanent basis. The OCE has an extensive portfolio and track record leading projects for the organisation.
As the Technical Writer, you'll be required to take process ownership to achieve quality outcomes working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders across the entire UKAEA programme areas. You must also have a passion for finding creative ways to drive process change to achieve documentation standardisation of technical authoring activities across the Authority.
You will support the Lead Technical Writer in the UKAEA improvement activity relating to its technical writer's function, authoring and standards - which is pivotal to ensure the standards of documentation meets the organisations current and future needs as well as for continous improvement purposes.
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting with... planning, developing, writing and editing operational procedures, user guides, additional business needs, contractual papers for external organisations.
• Obtaining regular user feedback
• Knowledge capture and minuting
• Ensuring difficult pieces of work are completed effectively on time and to the appropriate level
• Delivering updates and revisions to technical documentation including generation of new document types
£33,297 to £35,520 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
Office of Chief Engineers
Type of Employment
Skills and Experience required
• A degree/Diploma (or equivalent experience) in a technical, engineering, scientific or related discipline.
• Experience working in a technical writing position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Knowledge of using SharePoint as a document management system would be a benefit
• Previous experience within a research, engineering or technical environment
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our 'Equality, Diversity and Inclusion' (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 11/04/2023 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application
Culham Abingdon UK
Jobs in Culham Abingdon United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.