AXA Group Bolton United Kingdom
2 months ago
It’s an exciting time to join the SME team as we’ve recently created a single SME operating model to build an effective and efficient work stream following our Blueprint project. If you want to develop your skills in a supportive environment, we’re looking for an ambitious SME Underwriter to join our Existing Business Team. As an SME Underwriter, you’ll deliver on trading team targets through profitable underwriting of commercial risks within agreed authority levels whilst developing key broker relationships in line with business objectives.
You’ll deliver for our customers and be able to evidence strong working relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally. You’ll be proactive, out-going and confident in dealing with our strategic partners, retaining and maximising business through the delivery of exceptional customer service. At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the Bolton office in a way that... works best for them, their team and our customers.
What you’ll be doing?
• Underwriting our products for SME Existing Business customers profitably, accurately, consistently and in line with established underwriting practices, using the full range of appetite and tools available.
• Identifying the right clients for AXA, deciding the terms using all information available to determine a suitable premium from an accurately established technical price.
• Developing credibility with brokers and customers, to help win and retain business.
• Be an advocate for AXA contributing to meetings with brokers to secure clients.
• Demonstrating contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch underwriting controls.
• Monitoring the overall performance of the book you are responsible for and ensuring remedial action is taken to correct any performance issues.
• Contributing to the development of peers by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment.
• Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable.
• Strong trading capability, commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships and a sound understanding of the current commercial insurance market.
• Pragmatic and confident decision maker with good numerical reasoning skills.
• Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
• Good level of technical underwriting expertise.
• Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly.
This position has been defined as an Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) role under the IDD regime which means that in addition to pre-employment screening checks, the successful candidate will be subject to background screening every 4 years with an annual declaration in interim years.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
About the Entity
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
• Salary dependent on experience
• Annual company & performance-based bonus
• Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
• Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
• AXA employee discounts
• Gym benefits
Our ambition is to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for, as such we’re committed to supporting employee needs, providing meaningful career development and celebrating differences. We understand that everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities, therefore we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. As a regulated financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities for all, therefore we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. As a disability confident employer, we’re pleased to offer our support and access to the AXA Accessibility Concierge should you require an alternative method of applying or any reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to [email protected]
SME Commercial Underwriter Bolton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.