Allianz Insurance Maidstone United Kingdom
2 months ago
24402 | Underwriting | Entry Level | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent
Are you interested in kick starting your career within the insurance industry? Are you passionate about your development? Fantastic – we have something that might pique your interest! Allianz UK have a great opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter to join the Motor Trade South Centre of Excellence. This role can be based from Southampton or Maidstone.
At Allianz, we are at an exciting and pivotal moment following the acquisition of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, elevating us to the second biggest general insurer in the UK. As part of this growth, we are continuing to invest in underwriting, and as such, we are now looking for talented, ambitious, and passionate underwriting professionals to join us on our journey to build a ‘Best in Industry’ team which sets the gold standard within the Allianz Group.
Interested to hear more? Fancy working... for a leading insurer? Fancy learning and developing your underwriting skills?
About The Role
We can offer you training from the day you join our team and provide ongoing development to ensure you excel in your career with Allianz, not to mention the unrivalled benefits package and Underwriting Academy on offer.
You’ll quickly develop an understanding of how to approach the evaluation of risks, as well as how to foster strong relationships with our broker clients. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a range of technical, commercial, and leadership skills that are vital to your development and the business.
You will become a key part of a team specifically created to support your learning underwriting skills and accelerate your development. You will work closely alongside experienced underwriters in a culture that is passionate about developing you. You will get underwriting exposure to a number of lines of business in a team with a clear progression pathway.
• Building strong relationships with brokers, negotiating effectively, and providing excellent customer service at all times
• Working as part of a regional team to offer renewal terms before deadlines
• Thorough checking and issuing of renewal documents to clients
• Learning about different areas of the business from industry-leading underwriters
• Support the wider teams by being proactive, enthusiastic and by challenging yourself to go out of your comfort zone.
• Provide suggestions to continuously improve the business in an ever-changing environment
• You will need to demonstrate:
• Passion about your development
• Taking initiative and being proactive within a team
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Good decision-making skills
• Commitment to progressing towards CII qualifications is necessary for working within this technical team
What we can offer you?
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including: retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• Competitive Days holiday & 1 addition for birthday plus bank holidays
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Global Career development benefits
• Health and Wellbeing
• Ensure equal pay
• Flexible working arrangements
• Full time and part time policies
• Employee parental support
• Maternity & paternity leave
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
• Retail discounts
Growing your career with Allianz
We'll provide you with the tools to adapt and change with us, so you can grow your career, while building the skills needed for whatever the future brings.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that having a strong focus on Inclusion and Diversity enables us to better understand the customers we serve and the people across our teams. We recognise that people work in different ways and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their best self to work and feel a sense of belonging. It’s really important to us that we create a diverse workforce and we welcome and encourage applications from everyone.
We’re committed to providing reasonable adjustments and support to all applicants with a disability and we interview every applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Please contact us at [email protected] to let us know if you have a disability and to discuss how we can support you throughout the application process.
Join us - Let’s Care For Tomorrow
Jobs in Maidstone United Kingdom
Assistant Underwriter - Motor Trade Maidstone jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.