CFC London United Kingdom
2 months ago
You will consider professions insurance needs from a holistic perspective by writing multiple classes of insurance (E&O, CGL, property and business interruption, cyber, legal expenses, D&O). You will be involved in all aspects of underwriting including new business and renewal underwriting as well as developing long-term broker relationships.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Proactively develop and seek out new business opportunities, building strong broker relationships (both face to face and over phone) to create profitable business;
• Explain the features, advantages and benefits of CFC’s insurance products, coverage enhancements, support product launches and raise awareness of new and existing products, including cross-function;
• Maintain and producing regular underwriting reports around the portfolio as required;
• Prepare and deliver internal and external presentations on CFC products, key trends and emerging exposures;
• Research with a mind to... develop subject matter expertise in classes and investigate relevant legislation/regulation/compliance issues within our target markets;
• Support and contribute to team projects (e.g., enhancements to product offering, launch of new products, systems, policies and processes etc.);
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Articulate and influential - you’re naturally comfortable presenting to small and large groups;
• You’re highly analytical - applying logic and critical thinking to analyse risks;
• You’re confident and self-driven and enjoy working to deadlines and targets;
• 3 - 5 years underwriting experience in a professional liability role;
• Preferred areas of expertise or interest – Architects, engineers, miscellaneous professionals or the oil & gas industry;
• Above all you’re a team player!
• CII certification (ACII preferred).
The information contained within this job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the role. The role holder may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. CFC Underwriting Limited may at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as appropriate
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.