International Schools Partnership
International Schools Partnership Spain Spain
2 months ago
School Secretary Job Opportunity (Maternity Cover)
We´re looking for an enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our administration team from April/May. The School Secretary is essential for the smooth running of the school as the first point of contact for all visitors, parents, students, staff and stakeholders, delivering excellent customer service as well as providing efficient secretarial and administrative support in a busy environment..
School Secretary Role Profile
LES´ Mission: We provide an enriching, learning-focused education of the highest standard which allows our pupils to achieve both success and experience failure in a safe and supportive environment. Staff, pupils and parents share the fundamental expectation of a positive attitude to learning. We nurture our pupils, encouraging them to develop a Growth Mindset to ensure they become resilient and persevere in the face of challenges. Happy, respectful, internationally-minded pupils, staff and... parents are the core of our community. We support our pupils and staff to constantly get better and improve themselves. We do this as a team, without exception.
Head of Primary - Head Secondary
Head of School
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Lady Elizabeth and ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
● To deliver excellent customer service and provide a warm and professional welcome to all visitors to the school guiding them on their visit,
● To be the first point of contact for all enquiries to the school i.e. visits, calls and emails and to respond to queries from parents/carers and the general public with exemplary professionalism, ensuring that any messages are immediately dealt with, forwarded to the appropriate member of staff
● To ensure the overall appearance of the reception area is tidy, professional and presentable at all times, maintaining welcome displays and visitor information up to date and relevant as and when required
● To adhere to school protocols for external visitors; in line with safeguarding, check all visitors into the school handing out lanyards and ensuring they're worn at all times and returned; ensuring the sign-in/out books are signed; ensure visitors receive Child Protection/Safeguarding/Emergency leaflets to be issued to all visitors; verify identification where necessary
● Pupil attendance: update daily attendance, establish the whereabouts of absent pupils, prepare attendance analysis reports and lists for the senior team; ensure any planned pupil absences/appointments are recorded on the internal calendar and relevant staff made aware; coordinate late arrivals or early pick- ups accordingly with both staff and parents
● Assist with sick and/or injured pupils delivering first aid where possible, preparing and sending insurance forms to the insurance company as directed, and coordinating with the teacher, nurse and parents accordingly. Notifying the nurse immediately of any serious injuries
● Coordinating new pupil onboarding with the rest of the team, adding to engage, lunch lists, requesting school records from previous schools,
● Maintain Pupil registers and class list with daily changes and prepare complete pupil list in summer term for the next year, assist with preparing new timetables for new academic year, preparing House Lists
● Assist in the organisation of events such as parent-teacher meetings and school productions and prepare associated administration (lists, seating plans, signage etc).
● Ensure the internal calendar and room booking calendars are kept up-to-date with events, lesson bookings etc; internal weekly calendars to be printed as required
● Uniform management: sorting and distributing uniform orders, liaising with parents for queries, maintaining uniform platform up to date, collecting fees and uniform payments, coordinating returns with Eureda; liaise with uniform shop in Javea; update orders, notify Eureda of any changes, refund in the bank; Troubleshooting (calling parents, etc…) for usernames and passwords and instructions for the uniform shop; create reports when required
● Food Services: maintain and produce the weekly/daily lunch registers for students and staff, arrange picnics or special requests when required and to be the main contact for the external catering company Aramark. Update Engage and report month end to Accounts, send lists to teachers to check pupils eating
● To undertake any other secretarial tasks as necessary, including providing support for the SLT, Heads of Section/Year i.e. issue of Certificates eg visa, school reports for old pupils, Printing school reports for current pupils, filing new student info and removing old students files from admissions - separate out health, school reports, general info
● Bus coordination: update the app and notify bus coordinator and teachers as required; updating primary bus lists for monitors, sign ups, changes, communications
● Pupil management software (Engage): update attendance as required, contact information, communication with parents, class assignment, run reports as required by senior leadership. Assist the Admin/Finance Officer with the pupils’ daily school transport and lunches
● Manage photo consent forms - update for teachers, monitor any missing or incomplete, file copies of consent; assist with School photos coordination
● Maintaining stationery stock and storage: receive materials and orders check all received for each department, Day to day stationery for staff and pupils (ordering, maintaining supplies and sorting), processing orders such as exercise books and classroom equipment orders
● Trip coordination: prepare communication, liaise with teachers and help coordinate school visits and payments for trips; organise with staff, prepare trip letters, book transport, prepare pupil lists and collect payments, prepare banking and entrance payments, profit and loss
● Petty cash - receipts and payments for staff, monthly records for Accounts
● Other admin assistance: Proof and send emails, provide photocopies when requested
● Ad hoc projects as requested by the Headmaster, Deputy Heads or Heads of departments
● Ensure that the Fire Registers and lunch lists are kept up-to-date and in order
The above details are not exhaustive and the postholder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may reasonably be assigned to him/her by the Senior Leadership team.
Experience and Skills:
Experience and qualifications
● Good level of English and Spanish
● Right to work in Spain
● Experience of secretarial and administrative duties
● Successful relevant experience
● High level of computer literacy
● Similar experience in a business or administrative environment.
Skills and abilities
● Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
● Ability to work calmly under pressure and prioritise effectively
● A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all staff, pupils and parents and promoting the ethos and values of the school
● To be friendly and cooperative when working with colleagues as part of a team
● To communicate clearly and resolve any issues quickly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
● A high level of attention to detail
● To be self-motivated, be able to manage own time, prioritise tasks and show initiative
● Discretion and the ability to maintain in strictest confidence any information received concerning school matters
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents and staff and the wider school community
● Well-presented with a professional attitude
● Flexibility at busy times
● Confident and personable with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Primary School Secretary (Maternity Cover) Spain jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.