1624, Roche Sant Cugat del Vallès Spain
2 months ago
Principal Software Engineer - RIS Engagement
Roche has created a new business - Roche Information Solutions (RIS) - that is charged with building a modern software stack that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data to intelligently process and present this data to healthcare professionals which allows for improved patient care. If you are passionate about advancing science and want to be a part of revolutionizing the healthcare industry, join us to put your software touch on it!
We are looking for candidates with a deep knowledge and passion for software algorithm development to join our tiger team. Together, we will build a growing portfolio of frameworks and tools that enable scientists across Roche to conduct drug development research and develop novel algorithms for personalized healthcare.
As a Principal Software Engineer - RIS Engagement, you will technically lead a tiger... team of software engineers who collaborate with technical users (imaging scientists, data scientists, researchers) working on the development of algorithms for various clinical and diagnostic use cases. As part of the team you will actively contribute to supporting our users by integrating their machine learning algorithms within our SaaS solutions, support the requirements definition of future versions of our products and contribute to the development of relevant components. You will maintain and support current codebases while driving innovation and the development of novel technologies and tools. You will familiarize yourself with SoA technologies and tools and drive new POC projects and work streams for those which you deem can be leveraged to add value to our offering. You will mentor and lead the team technically and advise the team regarding software architecture and technologies. You will also be responsible for presenting and publishing your work in peer reviewed journals and conferences. This is a senior role within engineering and an opportunity to influence the architecture and roadmap.
• Software Development: This is a hands-on software development position to design high level and low-level components, write high-quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
• Process & Operations: Builds, maintains, and extends our toolset to ensure ongoing improvements to team productivity and product scalability; lead one or two team members to design, plan, deliver and operate high-quality software
• Integration: Enable scientists to use our RDS solutions by understanding the technical requirements of their use cases and existing implementation; Designing potential integration models and contributing to technical implementation.
• Requirement Collection: Support technical requirement collection from an advanced user group that can be shared and explained to our Product Management team for definition and prioritization.
• Advanced users community: Build, Maintain and Drive a community of scientists across the Roche organization as well as external users of our Research Decision Support (RDS) Solutions. Identify Share and Promote common solutions across this community.
• Leadership: Mentor and develop students and interns as well as other colleagues on technical concepts; ensures a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals
• Stakeholder Management: Manage internal and external stakeholders, liaise with different groups to drive product usage, collect requirements and manage expectations.
• PhD degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years of experience in computer vision for medical imaging (radiology and/or digital pathology a plus).
• 5+ years of experience with DICOM image standard.
• 5+ years of experience with advanced analytics and deep learning (Pytorch a plus).
• Strong team player willing to take responsibility proactively and drive tasks independently while interacting with and supporting other team members.
Nice to Have:
• Relevant publication record in peer reviewed journals and conferences
• Experience with Java
• Expertise in AWS
• Experience with KubeFlow
• Experience in Digital Pathology
• Experience in Clinical Imaging
• Experience in Genomics
• Experience in Real World Data
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sant Cugat del Vallès Spain
Jobs in Sant Cugat del Vallès Spain
Principal Software Engineer - Engagement Sant Cugat del Vallès jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.