BlackRock Atlanta GA Georgia
2 months ago
About this role
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock's businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock's individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business... evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit's work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Technology Audit team performs regional and global audits covering all aspects of BlackRock's Technology portfolio, including application systems and related data platforms, infrastructure components such as networks, operating systems, data centers, and messaging platforms as well as activities related to cyber security and cloud-related control evaluation. In addition to pure technology reviews, The Technology Audit team also participates in business-integrated audits in which the technology components of various BlackRock business units are evaluated for control effectiveness, resiliency and scalability.
BlackRock's Technology Audit Team is currently based in Atlanta, Edinburgh, Gurgaon, London, New York, Princeton, San Francisco and Singapore.
The Internal Audit Technology Engineering and Architecture Director will have primary oversight for evaluating controls concerning the way in which technology solutions are designed and developed across the firm. She / he is expected to collaborate with other team members across the Global Technology and Global Business Audit teams while establishing the framework by which the audit department will assess and review our technology architecture and engineering efforts. As the firm has more formally built out its technology architecture practice, there is a need to focus on how this architecture is being adopted and embedded within the technology solutions being constructed by core technology teams as well as by business units in their citizen developer activities. Directly following the architecture is the engineering which transforms design into functionality, resulting in technology capabilities that are leveraged by BlackRock and its clients. As such, this role will focus on the controls embedded within relevant lifecycles and frameworks in order to provide ongoing assurance related to secure build and sustainable architecture, both of which represent increasingly important foundational considerations as the complexity of our technology state continues to increase. A related area of oversight will be the second line technology risk management function, currently covered via a distinct auditable unit.
Based in Atlanta, London or New York, the role will report to the Global Head of Technology Audit and is expected to involve some level of travel, approximately 15%.
The Technology Audit Engineering and Architecture Director will play a leading role within the global technology audit team and will be expected to contribute significantly to strategic planning, process innovation, and assurance/advisory project execution.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop a macro-level approach by which technology architecture and engineering efforts can be appropriately assessed from a control perspective - this is anticipated to include a re-evaluation of our AU structure that is relevant to these specific domains.
- Provide oversight, leadership and serve as Accountable Audit Director on audit assurance reviews aimed at validating the controls by which applications and other technology solutions are designed, developed and deployed, inclusive of efforts within the Aladdin Product Group (APG) as well as other technology and business units that may be developing technology solutions
- Build strong relationships with the technology leadership team and other business partners, including Information Security and Technology Risk Management
- Serve as primary Relationship Manager (RM) for relevant stakeholders, leading business engagements while developing a deep understanding of their practices, portfolio, ongoing projects and longer-term plans
- Collaborate with other Corporate risk and control functions to ensure a high level of coordination
- Serve as Accountable Audit Director or Independent Audit Director on selected technology reviews within the applications and data practice as well as the cloud, cyber, infrastructure practices
- Oversee a team of 3-7 individuals, providing timely and candid feedback and coaching to staff
- Effectively manage resources to optimize productivity, meet training and development needs, and deliver high quality, value added assurance and advisory services
- Act as a change agent to improve process efficiency, accuracy and accountability across the organization
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of technology risks across applications, infrastructure and data
- Direct experience within technology audit or technology risk at a complex organization, ideally within financial services
- Good understanding of database management systems and related controls
- Good understanding of System Development Lifecycle processes and related controls
- Experience in a technology audit or related technology risk / technology development function
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in management information systems, engineering or a technology field is preferred. BA/BS is required
- Strong project management, organizational skills and presentation skills
- Experience managing teams of skilled professionals - ability to recruit and maintain a high-performing team
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management and external regulators
- Understanding of best practice control frameworks such as CoBIT, OWASP, ISO, ITIL and COSO
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $199,500 - $240,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock (http://www.instagram.com/blackrock) | Twitter: @blackrock (https://twitter.com/blackrock) | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law
Atlanta GA USA
Internal Audit Technology Engineering and Architecture Director Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.