Atkins Manchester United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with demonstrable technical and commercial experience. The role will be based in our Manchester office. This new appointment is part of our aspiration to develop and grow our structural capability in Manchester and the wider UK.
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of design projects from concept to completion. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands. You will be required to demonstrate a developed understanding of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions.
Our Manchester office provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutions... across a wide range of sectors on local, national, and international projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Education, Commercial, Residential, Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, and Rail. This role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills to develop our business.
• Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer.
• Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer.
• Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering building projects including experience of producing low embodied carbon solutions.
• Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes.
• Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery.
• Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds.
• Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability.
• Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable.
• Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality.
• Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
• Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
• A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
• Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team.
• Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
• Ability to achieve SC clearance.
• Driving Licence (desirable).
• Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients.
• Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
• Review calculations, drawings, and design documentation.
• Management and technical development of our capabilities and our organisation's individual.
• Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications.
• Client and stakeholder interfacing.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Jobs in Manchester United Kingdom
Senior Structural Engineer Manchester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.