Crombie Lockwood Ltd.
Crombie Lockwood Ltd. Auckland New Zealand
2 months ago
Underwriter - SMARTpak
Crombie Lockwood Auckland CBD, Auckland Underwriting (Insurance & Superannuation) Full time At Crombie Lockwood success doesn’t just happen, we make it happen – for us, our customers and for the great people who work here. We’re always looking for new ways to do more and to be better, and that means hiring the best people.
From our small beginnings in Napier in 1978, we have proudly built up a network from Invercargill to Kaitaia. Today there is a team of around 800 people in more than 30 offices spread across the country.
We're one of the largest insurance broking companies in New Zealand, placing premiums in excess of $1 billion.
We are looking for someone bright and inquisitive with proven commercial underwriting experience. This role will be suitable to an existing commercial underwriter, or someone in a commercial support role who is ready to take the next step.
Based in our Auckland Central Office in Beaumont St, and part of a wider team of commercial... underwriters, this role will work closely with Brokers to deliver the best customer focussed underwriting solutions to our SMARTpak clients.
• Underwriting new and renewal business within designated authority limits to achieve premium growth and profit objectives
• Determining the most effective solution given the specific customer requirements, the level of risk and current Underwriting Guidelines.
• Assisting in the development of underwriting standards and conducting peer reviews on underwriting files to ensure standards are maintained.
• Achieving planned underwriting results for new and existing business and identifying underwriting requirements to meet business needs.
• Developing strong relationships with internal and external customers within the nationwide network of Crombie Lockwood.
• Working collaboratively as a member of the Underwriting team by sharing knowledge and job tasks.
If you are our next success story – you’ll have:
• A minimum 3 years commercial underwriting experience
• Good working knowledge of underwriting practices and relevant legislation.
• Proven experience in developing new and existing business opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to provide a professional level of service to intermediaries and brokers
• The ability to build and maintain positive, constructive and honest relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
• Resiliency, reliability and the ability to work autonomously.
• ANZIIF Cert IV level qualifications or similar (preferable)
At Crombie Lockwood we work hard and celebrate success. We are absolutely focused on doing the right thing for our customers and strive to provide exceptional service at all times. With us, you will get amazing opportunities to develop your career in a supportive environment. Take the next step up in your career and click the 'Apply Now' button below.
For more information about this role, please contact our recruitment team via email at [email protected]
Auckland New Zealand
Underwriter - SMARTpak Auckland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.