Outreach Solutions England United Kingdom
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Male Support Worker looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for Male Support Workers who have experience working in a Children's Residential Home, to join an established home in Lewisham, London.
We would love to hear from you if you have worked within a Children's Home, have experience or exposure of seeking out positive outcomes for children and young people and have a positive, friendly, nurturing and patient demeanour.
This home offers 24 hours support for complex needs. This includes support for Gang Affiliation, Offending and/or Anti-Social Behaviour, Mental Health Support, Multiple Support Needs, Risk of Absconding and Substance Misuse.
The main responsibilities associated with this position are as follows:
• Ensure that all children and young people have their needs met, and their welfare is always promoted.
• Maintain standards of good practice always, establishing purposeful and constructive relationships and appropriate role modelling to... assist with the development of each child’s life, activities, education, social skills and personal skills.
• Maintain and produce required records and reports as necessary to ensure smooth, efficient running of the home.
• Promote and encourage learning by the children and young people with any educational programmes, provisions and educational activities.
• Participate on a shift basis by rota, demonstrating a level of commitment and flexibility, to enable the efficient running of the home. This includes weekdays, evenings, weekends and sleep in duties.
• Act as a key worker/link-worker for individual children, with supervision, including building trust, advising and acting as an advocate when necessary.
• Participate and assist with social workers or other professional persons. Where applicable to attend to and contribute to any child’s review, case conference and planning meetings as appropriate.
• Ensure all visitors to the home are appropriately vetted and securely signed into the home.
• Follow safer working practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
• Free parking
• On-site parking
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Night shift
• Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Lewisham, Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Children's Residential Home: 1 year (required)
• Driving Licence (preferred)
• NVQ Level 3 Children's Residential (required)
Work Location: One location
Jobs in England United Kingdom
Children's Residential Support Worker England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.