Aditi Consulting Atlanta GA Georgia
2 months ago
Job Title: Sr. Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration / Sr. Linux Infrastructure Admin
Duration: 6 Months. With a possibility to go Perm...
Shift: 3rd shift Tuesday – Saturday. 10pm to 6am EST
Location: Atlanta GA 30346
Note: Remote/ Hybrid; flexible to come onsite if needed.
• Monitoring and reacting to tickets is a big part of the job.
• Some knowledge on scripting (python/ pearl/ bash scripting (pref)).
• Not looking for AWS engineer, this is more of operations role, hence client is looking for Sr. Linux Admin.
• The Sr Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration responds to real-time alert for device health, application health, stability, and performance, this includes participating and potentially leading outage and degraded performance incidents/problems.
• The Sr Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration contributes to the continuous improvement of infrastructure monitoring systems while maintaining a set of standards and fix violations.
• The Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration is an experienced individual contributor on a project/work team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain infrastructure devices including performing OS/Hardware/Virtual Machine upgrades, physical replacement, standards compliance, and vulnerability research/mitigation.
• Proactively monitor infrastructure resource utilization and maintain capacity management planning.
• Compile statistics and build reports on network/application performance.
• Expected to give guidance and may lead on infrastructure configuration management standards.
• Perform scheduled/planned and emergency approved change implementation and validations.
• Participate and may lead the Post Outage Review process researching documentation around major incident with root cause analysis, follow up activities and lessons learned.
• Develop and maintain operational procedure documentation and infrastructure diagrams.
• Expected to work directly with engineering teams for advanced troubleshooting/research on incident resolution and small project implementations.
• Serves as an escalation point for tier 2 support for complex solution resolution and responsible for root cause analysis (may involve some on call responsibilities).
• Document/track/manage issues and resolutions.
• Contact vendors and other 3rd party businesses for trouble/ticket reporting.
• Coordinate with infrastructure resources (network, systems, storage, database) to implement changes including building configurations.
• Coordinates the continuous improve infrastructure monitoring systems. Adjust and add proactive alerts and statistics.
• Identify application/Database/ infrastructure components with opportunity for improvement and escalate as appropriate.
• Participate in interviewing and onboarding of new staff. Expected to help train and improve new employee troubleshooting skill set.
• Bachelor's in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Typically a minimum of 7+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Advanced knowledge and experience maintaining, upgrading, and configuring infrastructure systems/devices.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with application and network monitoring / visualization tools.
• Advanced knowledge and experience using network/server packet capture tools (sniffer, wireshark, tcp-dump) or Java Thread/Heap dump capture methods.
• Advanced experience with relevant programming / scripting and source code management tools.
• Detailed proficiency with multiple modern operating systems, systems integration, API-driven automation, and advanced scripting experience.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to correlate cross-platform technologies.
• Infrastructure/Operating System command line experience including (not limited to) GUI.
• Familiarity with the software development life cycle from conception through implementation.
If interested or looking for change, please share your most updated copy of resume along with your best time and contact number at [email protected] to discuss further
Atlanta GA USA
System Administrator Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.