General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics Information Technology Atlanta GA Georgia
2 months ago
Req ID: RQ142609
Type of Requisition: Regular...
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Confidential
Public Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)
Job Family: Network Engineering
Data Networking,Firewalls,Network Architecture,Network Design,Network Management
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
You can make GDIT your place. You make it your own by turning obstacles into action. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you’ll play an important role in providing the technologies and services that millions of healthcare professionals depend on, every day. Our work depends on a Network Administrator joining our team to support the Center for Disease Control (CDC) activities at Atlanta, GA.
A successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and management of the CDC Data Network environment. The Network Administrator will provide comprehensive system administration, security enhancements and remediation, and troubleshooting. This position requires an understanding of best practices pertaining to network security and may require the development, deployment and integration of network services such F5 - firewall and Big IP admin. Successful candidates should be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
At GDIT, we put our people first. As a Network Administrator supporting the CDC, you will be trusted to work on Agile Software Development and modernization and migration efforts. In this role, a typical day will include:
• Evaluate current network computing infrastructure; design, document, test and implement network services and devices.
• Provide system and product training to lower level network engineers. Develops and maintain prescribed procedures to be followed routinely in the form of standard operating procedures.
• Develops, maintain and implement a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions. Detects, identify and perform complex problem isolation and resolution throughout the network architecture.
• Develops root-cause analysis of network related problems and is the focal point of all problem resolution.
• Utilize monitoring, mapping and alerting software to perform network management by proactively collecting data and conducting real-time analysis of the performance of the network.
• Conducts research, evaluate and recommends cost effective networked solutions, and new technologies to support the technology strategies of the core business.
• Responsible for key engineering projects of higher complexity and importance than those usually assigned to lower level engineers. Provides knowledgeable consulting, technical guidance and leadership to technical review boards; configuration control boards; developers, engineers and senior managers.
• May serve as a Team or Task Lead.
Required Skills & Experience:
• BA/BS or equivalent / 5+ years’ experience in a technical support position in a microcomputer environment
• At least 5+ years' experience in knowledge of generally accepted networking principles, including data loss prevention, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory in supporting multi-protocol network environments (i.e. BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS, QOS, VLAN, and VOIP)
• At least 7+ years' experience in physical and logical network design, including network management and detailed packet analysis
• Knowledge in building a strong secure network, with expertise in implementing the organization's IDS/IPS, ISE, VPN’s, ACE, and firewall solutions, including auditing and event management
• CCNA Certification
• Experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ACE/GSS, ASA.
• Experience with Cisco ISR Routers and Nexus switches
• Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF.
• Understanding of Cisco ISE, ASR/Nexus, and Juniper, MX/E
• Documentation skills and use of programs such as MS Visio
• IP networking fundamentals and experience such as TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, VxLAN.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class
Atlanta GA USA
Senior Network Engineer Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.