Nordex Group Pamplona Spain
2 months ago
NORDEX ENERGY SPAIN is looking for a Electrical Engineer Converter Systems to join our Engineering team in Pamplona.
The manufacture of wind energy plants in the on-shore segment has been our core competence and passion for around 35 years. With more than 37 GW installed capacity worldwide, our turbines supply sustainable energy to more than 80% of the global energy market and we are one of the largest companies in the wind industry. National subsidiaries in more than 35 markets and production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, Mexico and India offer our more than 8,500 employees the opportunity for international and intercultural cooperation.
As a member our team, you will contribute in a global multidisciplinary team to the compliance of the Nordex wind turbines with the grid integration requirements world-wide.
• Having the mentality of a product owner within Nordex for the power converter.
• Lead new and ongoing developments of the power converter, from... specification to prototyping to serial introduction and improvement.
• Conceptualize, design, calculate relevant data and parametrize the power converter.
• Plan, perform, evaluate and document tests for the power converter, on component, system and turbine level.
• Create related technical documentation, e.g. specifications or technical notifications.
• Develop and implement cost of energy (COE) concepts for the power converter.
• Data administration for the generator over its entire lifecycle (PDM/PLM).
• Analyse and evaluate relevant standards for power converter.
• Collaborate closely with both external suppliers and service providers, as well as internal departments (Project Management, Sourcing, Service, Quality, Health and Safety etc.).
• Optimise the processes within power converter development.
• Support with project and resource planning.
• M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or similar background, preferably in the power electronics field.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a global industrial environment.
• Experience with functionality and requirements of power converters, related to both development and testing.
• Comprehensive and relevant knowledge of wind turbine power converters, ideally due to experience with a power converter manufacturer, wind turbine OEM or similar.
• Experience with relevant PDM/PLM/ERP software tools is a plus.
• COE internalized and lived as a guiding principle.
• Official authorization for working at heights is a plus.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Spanish and/or German is a plus.
• Proactive, assertive and a good team player.
• Self-reliable, structured, customer- and solution-oriented working mind-set.
• Intercultural understanding and thriving on working collaboratively within cross-functional and global teams.
• Willing to travel to suppliers and on site, mainly for testing purposes (10-20 % of working time
Electrical Engineer Converter Systems Pamplona jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.