Northside Hospital Duluth GA Georgia
2 months ago
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
Provides consecutive and/or simultaneous language interpretation for limited... English proficient (LEP) patients and families whose primary language is not English, as it relates to medical care. Provides sight- translation of relevant materials to enhance patients' and families' comprehension of medical procedures, treatment, discharge instructions, patient and family education, and follow-up care within the interpretation encounter. Is also responsible for the written translation of hospital documents such as medical record forms and patient education materials from English into target language as assigned by supervisor.
• High School Diploma
• Two (2) years experience in a medical setting, customer service, advocacy or related field, one of which must have been as a medical interpreter.
• Certificate from a Medical Interpretation Program provided by a College, University, ALTA Language Services, Bridging the Gap or Language Line Academy confirming successful completion of forty (40) to sixty (60) hours of Medical Interpreter Training OR Certification as a Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI) through the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI).
• Successful completion of the Interpreter Skills Test (IST) with passing score as administered by Northside Hospital to verify demonstration of the advanced skills necessary for Medical Interpretation.
• Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
• General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
Duluth GA USA
Foreign Language Medical Interpreter (Spanish) Duluth jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.