Serco Limited United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Air Traffic Control Officer (ADI)
Hawarden Airport, CH4 0DR
Full Time, Permanent (39.5 hours per week, shift work)
Salary up to £52495.04 per annum plus benefits (depending on experience)
Serco Defence are recruiting for an experienced Air Traffic Control Officer (ADI) to join our team at Hawarden Airport. As part of our longstanding... partnership with Airbus we provide the Air Traffic Control function for Hawarden Airport, which is a key component in the production of the Airbus fleet. We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Traffic Control Officer to join our team based at Hawarden Airport.
This role will provide an Air Traffic Control Service ensuring that all tasks adhere to relevant regulatory and company standards and procedures. The nature of this work requires the post holder to establish and maintain effective working relationships: with all departments within the Airport; with the Customer and/or customer representatives; with external agencies, specifically regulatory bodies, such as the CAA and with other relevant stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the operation within the airport environment, the role will involve the ability to work flexibly which will include early starts, late finishes and weekend shifts.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide an Air Traffic Control Service in accordance with the Manual of Air Traffic Services Parts 1 & 2.
- Provide direction to ATC Support Personnel, and to airside operators to maintain safe and efficient airfield operations.
- Fulfil the requirements of the Serco Aviation Safety Management System.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- A UK CAA Aerodrome Control Rating (ADI) with Current TWR & RAD Endorsements.
- ICAO English Language Proficiency Certificate at Level 5 or higher.
- A Current UK Class 3 medical certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of operations in Class G airspace with a mix of General Aviation, Military and Commercial activity would be beneficial.
- Effective communication skills, clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas.
- Proven solving skills.
- Full or Restricted Meteorological Observers Certificate is desirable.
- OJTI Endorsement is desirable.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary plus benefits
- 35 days Annual Leave Allowance (inclusive of Public Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We’re also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Air Traffic Control Officer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.