Telstra Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible day-to-day for supporting the delivery of high-quality risk-based audit coverage to ensure Group Internal Audit (GIA) achieves its mission and purpose.
GIA is the internal audit function of Telstra Corporation Limited (Telstra), and acts as Telstra's 'third line of defence' within the Telstra Risk Management Framework. GIA provides the Audit & Risk Committee and Management independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls.
GIA is led by the GIA Executive, supported by three Principal Internal Auditors and a team of Internal Audit Managers and Senior Internal Auditors. GIA also uses subject matter experts and resources from third party providers (such as Professional Services firms) as / when required.
GIA reports administratively to the Chief Financial Officer, and functionally to the Chair of the ARC.
Reporting to one of the Principals within GIA, you will be responsible... for supporting the delivery of high-quality risk-based audit coverage to ensure GIA achieves its mission and purpose.
• Contribute to the development of the annual GIA Plan.
• Assist the GIA team in managing the day-to-day delivery of the Group Audit Plan.
• Understand the key strategies of Telstra and how they impact GIA's work and overall plan
• Supporting the GIA Leadership Team in building and improving quality internal audit services
• Conduct audit engagement fieldwork as defined by the annual GIA plan, in addition to engagements / reviews outside the approved Plan as requested by the Audit and Risk Committee, Principal or Senior Lead.
• Prioritise tasks on an ongoing basis to accommodate changing team and business requirements.
• Design and conduct tests to evaluate the operation of the controls in place.
• Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with established GIA Methodology and IIA standards.
• Ensure all detailed work papers contain sufficient evidence on which to base conclusions, which are of a sufficient standard to minimize the number of review points required by GIA management, and which are of appropriate quality to allow reperformance and facilitate reliance on GIA's work where necessary.
• Follow up and resolve issues and queries raised during review by senior members of audit team and through discussion of factual accuracy by management.
• Work alongside co-sourced providers and internal secondees on specific engagements.
• Assist in the preparation of draft reports of audit findings (including actions to address identified control weaknesses) for review by the GIA management.
• Deliver accurate, timely and commercially-relevant audit outputs.
• Undertake the follow up of actions and reporting of action status.
To be successful in the role, you'll bring skills and experience in:
• Strong audit/assurance/risk management experience in a major corporate or chartered accounting firm.
• "Big 4" experience desirable.
• Tertiary qualification essential (preferably Accounting / Commerce), with CA / CIA desirable.
• Experience in working on internal audit engagements.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Clear thinking/analytical skills
• Proven experience of working in a high performing team of professionals
• Understanding of the Telecommunications industry will be looked upon favourably
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we'd encourage you to apply!
Please note, at Telstra we're fortunate to have a Christmas shutdown period of 2-3 weeks where we can take a break over the festive season, returning on 9 January 2023.
If you're applying during this period, we look forward to reviewing your application & responding as soon as possible following this.
We really appreciate your application and interest in working at Telstra and can't wait to connect with you!
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit www.telstra.com.au/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.
Please Note: Before applying for internal vacancies, please ensure to advise your 1-up manager of your intention to apply for an internal role, regardless of the length of time you have been in your existing role.
Generally, you should have been in your current role at least 12 months (Band 2 - 4) / 18 months (Band 1) before applying for a role internally, unless you have approval from your current 1-up manager.
Existing managers will support an employee moving internally, provided they meet the 12month (Band 2 - 4) / 18 month (Band 1) minimum service in their current role. However, if there are extenuating circumstances, the Principal or Executive of the gaining and releasing areas will negotiate and make the final decision on when / whether the employee is released, depending on operational or business requirements and demands.
For further information regarding applying for internal roles, please refer to AskHR: https://askhr.inside.telstra.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020384038-Am-I-eligible-to-apply-for-internal-roles
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Senior Internal Auditor Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.