Robert Walters Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
With a primarily focused financial crime team, your experience in audit, operational risk and compliance management across the financial services industry will be leveraged and developed further. You will bring an understanding and interest in evolving regulatory expectations with respect to risk management and will have the opportunity to contribute to the Bank’s response and approach to these expectations through audit review activity.
You will manage audit projects of large size and/or high complexity in line with the annual audit plan. The focus of this role is across the banks Corporate Centre – Group Risk, Finance (including Treasury) and Talent & Culture You will be required to assess the adequacy and appropriateness of controls in place to manage and mitigate risk, working with management to develop sustainable solutions that enhance the control environment, better manage risk exposures, support the Bank’s strategic objectives and ensure customer and stakeholder interests are... being safeguarded. Particular areas of focus of this role is Financial Crime (AML, CTF and Sanctions) and the successful candidate will lead key Group reviews and provide support to reviews across various geographies and product lines. In addition, the role will lead other Corporate Centre reviews including Talent & Culture, Treasury, Finance, Procurement. Operational Risk & Compliance Management and credit risk modelling. You will need to work closely with colleagues across the global team, drawing on your excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. You will also have an important role in building capability across the Internal Audit function.
What will you bring?
We know not everyone will bring all of the skills and experience. We prefer to operate a process where we are focused on people bringing a growth mindset to their approach to work. Some of the skills we are looking for are below, but don’t worry if you don’t have all of these as learning on the job is the way we work.
But back to some of the skills –
• Technical capabilities: managing and successful delivery of large projects within the financial services industry. This will include working with multiple stakeholders, across geographies and with complex, sometimes ambiguous subject matter.
• Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills, drafting and communicating key audit messages and recommendations effectively. Excellent listening and interpreting capabilities.
• Resilience: Experience in supporting and overcoming resistance to change. Excellent negotiating, influencing and conflict management skills.
• Stakeholder Management: Track record in building, developing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders. Good negotiating, influencing and conflict management skills including supporting change and overcoming resistance to change.
• Culture: Be curious and have a growth mindset. Constantly delivers on assigned goals and strives to better these goals despite obstacles, setbacks or uncertainty.
• Planning and Accountability: Positive, self-starter who takes accountability for assigned tasks and sees them through to completion. Ability to forward plan for work and can manage competing priorities.
• Data skills: Awareness of approaches and techniques for analysing and interpreting structured and unstructured data, with a focus on driving efficiency in audit execution.
• Qualifications: Tertiary qualified, ideally with Professional (CPA/CA) and / or Post Graduate qualifications with technically relevant skills (i.e. accounting, audit, operational risk, compliance).
• Persistent and resilient – Be able to manage demands from multiple stakeholders simultaneously
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Eoin Reynolds on 03 8628 2154 for a confidential discussion
Melbourne VIC Australia (+1 other)
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Senior Audit Manager Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.