Transnet National Port Authority
Transnet National Port Authority Gqeberha South Africa
2 months ago
• Providing security support through monitoring, analysis, detection and mitigation of threats against the TNPA environment.
• Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of existing security control measures.
• Identifies the vulnerabilities that may cause inappropriate or accidental access, destruction, or disclosure of information and
establishes security controls to eliminate or minimise exposure.
• Information security analysts plan and carry out security measures to protect the organization's computer networks and
• The responsibility of the information security analyst is continually expanding as the number of cyberattacks increases.
• Monitor the organization's networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs.
• Analyse the installation the use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
• Prepare reports that document security... breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches.
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
• Conduct penetration testing, which is when analysts simulate attacks to look for vulnerabilities in their systems before they
can be exploited.
• Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
• Develop security standards and best practices for their organization.
• Recommend security enhancements to management or senior ICT staff.
• Create awareness with computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures.
• Through a continuous improvement programme, review security in existing technologies and propose improved solutions.
• Work with the Information Security Architect to propose changes to the architecture.
• Establish relationships with business representatives, with key external information risk, security, governance and
compliance bodies and evangelise the information security cause to uplift the image of information security and TNPA.
• Enterprise Information Management Services with both internal and external key stakeholders.
• Conducts studies within and outside the organization to ensure compliance of the Transnet Information Security Framework
with laws, regulations standards and currency with industry security norms.
• Develop and maintain a project security risk template to quickly assess the need for security resources on all new/existing
projects within TNPA.
• Facilitate the rollout of the project security template to all projects in the group.
• Provide a security consulting service on all Transnet projects, EIMS, Information Security Architecture and OD IMS.
• Provide a detailed security design and facilitate the implementation thereof for all projects within the group based on a risk
assessment in accordance with the security template.
• Development / updating of Information Security related policies and standards for existing or new complex technologies
deployed within the enterprise.
• Provide input into the development and maintenance of the strategies, policies and standards for Information Security,
Business Continuance and IT Risk & Compliance.
• Have continuous understanding of the Transnet information security landscape and perform investigations into solutions
(people, process, technology) to mitigate real threats.
• Work with the EIMS Risk function to ensure Information Security Risks are adequately captured, controls identified, and
ongoing mitigation actions are implemented.
• Perform pre and post implementation security review of key technology implementations.
• Investigate and in conjunction with the Security Architect drive the use of innovative security technology that balances ease
of access to information with requirements for security thereof in order to drive and support the Market Demand Strategy.
(NQF level 7) in Information Technology/ Computer Science / Information Systems/Information Systems is required
• At least 5 to 8 years’ experience in an IT environment.
• Valid systems security certification.
o Process Control/SCADA/PLC environments would be considered an advantage.
o Experience in COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27000/1/2 is an advantage.
Standard Job Requirements:
• Driver’s license code 08
• Travel as required by the business
Gqeberha South Africa
Specialist: ICT Security Operations Gqeberha jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.