BAE Systems Plc
BAE Systems Plc Fornham St Martin Bury Saint Edmunds United Kingdom
2 months ago
Principal Naval Architect
Location: Various locations across UK: Barrow, Filton, Broad Oak, Weymouth
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
What you'll be doing:
• Designing SSN AUKUS, the world's most advanced submarine
• Using your knowledge of hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, seamanship & outfit, infrastructure or whole boat design to support the largest shipbuilding programmes in the UK
• Supporting sea trials, inclining experiments and other commissioning activities for multiple submarine classes
• Undertaking research and development activities to develop world leading capabilities
Your skills and experiences:
• Experienced naval architect with good understanding of marine design
• Chartered Engineer status with RINA
• Experience of stability or manoeuvring assessments, design or build support
• Familiarity with Paramarine, Rhino, Siemens NX, or other naval architecture software
• Good technical report writing... and presentation skills
• Previous experience working on defence projects
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Naval Architecture Department:
As a Principal Naval Architect, you will be a key member in one of the largest and fastest growing Naval Architecture Departments in the UK. You will be working on some of the most complex ship design and build programmes ever undertaken to deliver cutting edge submarines to the Royal Navy and Royal Australian Navy.
This role will provide you with the chance to work on submarines at all stages of the product life cycle from early design to build support and commission. The Naval Architecture Department comprises teams specialising weights engineering, stability and hydrostatics, infrastructure support, seamanship and outfit, manoeuvring and control, fluid dynamics, design and development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Fornham St Martin Bury Saint Edmunds UK
Jobs in Fornham St Martin Bury Saint Edmunds United Kingdom
Principal Engineer - Naval Architecture Fornham St Martin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.