SMS group Düsseldorf Germany
2 months ago
SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry.
We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes even outside our core business.
We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains.
We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, where we're looking to recruit a
As a design engineer for slab and heavy-plate finishing lines, you will provide support for all products and modules related to heavy-plate production facilities.
Your... duties also include :
• Creation and review of designs / layouts, drafts, and functionalities forNew designsVariant designsFunctional unitsDevelopment and enhancement of new and existing plants, machines, and assembly / functional units
• Acute cost / benefit awareness in design and project execution
• Support and monitoring responsibility for the detail engineering, in-house and with the involvement of and coordination with the design teams in our international subsidiaries
• Responsibility for preparing and reviewing StudiesTechnical documents
• Collaboration with various specialist departments (RD, Fluid Systems, E&A, Service) as well as clarification of and support with the relevant interfaces
• A willingness to undertake assignments in Germany and abroad for the purpose of project execution, site support, fact-finding missions, current state analyses, and studies
• Conducting negotiations with customers and suppliers in Germany and abroad
• Assisting the project planning and service teams
• Consistent implementation of the product-oriented way of working
You have a degree in engineering with a major in mechanical engineering or equivalent vocational training; you should also have :
• A willingness to work in a team and the ability to build and lead teams
• Several years of professional experience in design and order execution in the field of heavy mechanical engineering. We would also be happy to offer this opportunity to candidates starting their career
• Successfully completed training as a draftsperson is desirable
• Hands-on mentality, interest in and commitment to developing your personality and skills in becoming a senior design engineer
• Good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written
• Good knowledge of the CREO and AutoCAD drawing systems
• Knowledge of using Microsoft Office programs
• Good knowledge of SAP
• A willingness to undertake business trips worldwide
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme.
Last updated : 2023-03-24
Design engineer for slab and heavy-plate finishing lines (m/f/d) Düsseldorf jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.