Newmont Inc. Ghana Ghana
2 months ago
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
• To conduct mechanical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of equipment on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and safety standards, to ensure equipment... availability and optimal mining operations and production.
In This Role You Will:
• Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
• Generate a work order before the remedial or repair work is carried out.
• Raise a job card for work to be carried out, if any problems are identified.
• Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services.
• Attend to items on the maintenance planning schedule, as and when required.
• Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
• Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
• Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovels and support equipment.
• Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as breakdowns and preventative maintenance.
• Disassemble and assemble various major components for repair works.
• Ensure that all lock-out / tag-outs are completed, before any work is carried out.
• Provide information in terms of sufficient spare availability and stock levels.
• Assist specialists in making more complex repairs.
• Work within established procedures and operating manuals, as set out by the OEMs and best practices.
• Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repairs (MTTR).
• Conduct daily inspection and lube services to the machines
• Collect oil samples from mining fleet using best practices to minimize contamination.
• Carry out inspection on all mechanical equipment daily and record all findings from the inspection.
• Check all malfunctioned machinery and equipment, and conduct root cause analysis to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
• Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications.
• Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
• Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
• Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
Health, Safety and Environment
• Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
• Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
• Attend all safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Mechanical Engineering Technician certificate.
• Mechanic Trade training, apprenticeship.
• MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer is an advantage.
• Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
• Knowledge of the work management process.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
• Knowledge of CMMS/ERP.
• Minimum of 3 years’ mechanical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment, preferably repairing and maintaining drill, shovels and support equipment.
• Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as technical instructions, test procedures and technical manuals.
• Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment parts.
• Ability to utilize the mechanical tools to install, maintain and repair equipment and power plant.
• Ability to manage the quality of operations in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
• Reliable and independent.
• Safety conscious.
• Detail focused.
• Technically inclined.
• Takes initiative.
• Results driven.
• Team player.
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
• specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
• work environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will occasionally lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
The salary range offered for this role is $. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. With the wide availability of vaccines in the United States, if you are offered this position, you will have to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to being hired. This requirement will be subject to an exemption process, as required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion
Mine Maintenance Mechanical Technician Ghana jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.