International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Ireland (+2 others) Senegal
2 months ago
Senegal + 2 more
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
• International Rescue Committee
Posted 15 Dec 2022 Closing date 31 Jul 2023 Background/IRC Summary:
The Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI) Unit is a strategic unit and organizational change lever responsible for developing a GEDI vision and strategy for the IRC, and empowering IRC departments to deliver on the DEI Strategy and the GEDI Action Plan. The Unit establish IRC's approach to GEDI, building on the advances we made toward gender equality to strengthen our people, program quality, and influence foundations through a GEDI lens and achieve our GEDI ambitions in key functional areas.
The Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives, will be part of the GEDI management team responsible for supporting effective delivery of the team’s mission and responsibilities. In this exciting and critical role, you will report to the Senior Officer to support the implementation of critical... pivotal initiatives and help identify, prioritize and design activities within our unit. You will partner with our global GEDI team in the design and execution of GEDI pivotal initiatives as the lead Project Manager, personally delivering agreed achievements on time and with relevant collaborators' consensus. The position is a dynamic and engaging opportunity to make a substantive impact on advancing GEDI at a global humanitarian organization!
• Increase efficiency and quality of GEDI initiatives by analyzing gaps and barriers, identify optimization opportunities, and troubleshoot issues in processes and workflows.
• Take an active role in the development and implementation of integrated planning for the GEDI unit, working closely with the Senior Officer and leaders in other operational and programmatic areas across the organization.
• Perform risk and issue management at the program level, including collaborating with all project collaborators and sponsors to identify risks and issues that are not clear at the task level but impact the overall project or broader GEDI initiatives.
• Build detailed plans to supervise and track the progress of main GEDI initiatives as well as create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation.
• Develop and nurture close working relationships and long-term partnerships with GEDI team members and senior leaders in other departments
• Consolidate and summarize varying perspectives from collaborators into coherent, robust and accurate overviews which reflect nuance whilst remaining concise.
• Implement special projects as commissioned by the Senior Officer and the Chief GEDI Officer – these may be cross-functional or specific.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in positions with growing responsibility and complexity, including project management, operations or organization-focused roles.
• Experience working with and supporting teams of varying sizes across a variety of business functions and geographic markets.
• Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills
• Experience engaging within a team on strategy development and problem-solving to accurately diagnose business challenges.
Confirmed Skills and Competencies:
• Deep commitment to advance gender, diversity, equality, and inclusion
• Excellent communicator in written and verbal form with experience influencing collaborators.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and address nuanced business needs.
• Ability to develop thoughtful project management plans and implement them in timely and detailed fashion.
• Ability to receive guidance and subsequently work independently to implement key initiatives.
• Ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders.
• High level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of French and/or Arabic and/or Spanish is desirable but not required.
• Desirable: Formal Project management qualifications.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way -
Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability.
In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Respect at Work, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements
Ireland (+2 others)
Jobs in Ireland (+2 others) Senegal
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Ireland (+2 others) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.